Thursday 28 February 2019

I got it.

Inevitable really.  Woke up at 3 a.m. extremely hot.  2 paracetamol and back to sleep.  4 hours later burning again so 2 more.  When I got up I started the antibiotics which I have ready for such as this.  Just had the second one.  Anyroad.  I got dressed after lunch (slut).

Coat on and went to the Prom.  What a difference in the weather.  Sea was grey.  No sun, gloomy.  But still clean, fresh, sea air.


Walked from the car to the railings.  Deep breathing.  Well - deep for me.  The diaphragm moved a bit.


Being a bit later than my usual all the lunch people had gone so the car park and beach were almost empty.



Just the Oystercatchers.



Doing their thing.


And this one having a stretch.  As you do.

Back home.


Stove lit.  


Bit of painting.


A pair of Siskins!  Yay.


Close up of the male.  Bonnie wee birds.

So - let us see what tomorrow brings.  The retired fisherman I now have a chat with on the Prom says its going to sna.  Snow in English.

So long as this lurgy goes as quickly as it zapped me and leaves me with sufficient lung function to get to the Prom I'll be fine.



12 comments:

Jules said...

I hope the antibiotics knock this on the head quickly. Thank goodness you have some to hand. X

Jean said...

Hope you feel better soon. I love your stove - so cozy.

Joan (Devon) said...

Take care of yourself.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do love your photos of gulls and sea birds on the beach Jill.
Hope the lurgy soon goes.

Chris said...

Getting outdoors was probably the best thing to do.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I won't uncross everything just yet then but hoping this lurgy is short lived for you - good job you have the anti-biotics to hand.

vic said...

Good to get the drop on it quickly. Take care.

Susan Heather said...

Oh dear - I hope you get over it quickly. Good that you were still able to get to the Prom - you have lots of grit.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh Bother - Hope it goes quickly without extra problems
The warmth and sun has gone from Suffolk too

mamasmercantile said...

I was so hoping that you wouldn't but like you said inevitable really. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly and keep it at bay. Overcast and dreary here too today but no rain or sna...

crafty cat corner said...

Let's hope the anti's get going quickly and nip it in the bud. Such a worry.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. The photos of the beach sooth me. Hope you feel better soon. Elaine from Florida USA