Friday 1 March 2019

I am still here.

The DP says he feels better than yesterday.  So in my reckoning the struggling I have should ease by Tuesday.

My lovely carer was here this morning.  I had thought about phoning and putting her off.  But decided not to and we managed.  I checked with her before commencing the wash down if she was comfortable with the fact I was dishing out germs.  So just being clean all over and having my hair washed made me feel a wee bit better.

After lunch I was away to the Prom.  Back to Winter coat, hat and gloves.  It was fine.  


The North Sea.  A solitary Oystercatcher.


Not sure whether it is a good idea to push myself and walk, but I noticed the Kessock Burn was creating a new pathway, so I had to go and have a closer look.


It never ceases to amaze me how this Burn (Stream) can change direction as it does. 


This time it has created a pool and gone off to the away direction, then down to the sea, the way down deeply carved.  


The Skurries (Herring Gulls) were loving it.  They can drink both fresh water and sea water.  This is freshwater.  Also in there an Oystercatcher, and I think a Jackdaw, having a bath.


On the left of the beach, Blackheaded Gulls.  



And the lovely Oystercatchers,

Back home and the stove lit in the Shedudio.  Out in the garden 


Two of our four Robins.



 A frequent visitor a Treecreeper.

The DP has been cleaning out nest boxes and has bought a new one.  I will show you some of the new ones tomorrow.

My painting of the Oystercatcher will be titled, " I am out of here."


The blue bits are masking fluid.  Tomorrow, when its dry, I can paint the sea.  Then removed the masking stuff and that will remain white.

Wish getting rid of this cold, whatever was as easy.  Just dug out the Vick.  Use by date is 2011.  Oh well.

10 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

It is amazing that no matter how rough you feel, after a bath and a bit of TLC you feel better - don't over do it xx

rusty duck said...

Your Vick has the same use by date as some of the spices in my rack!
Get well soon Jill x

Patty said...

Lovely photos! The last one of the oystercatcher made me laugh out loud! Love your title for him!

Catsngrams said...

So glad you are feeling better. I love the picture of the robins so much more colorful that the ones here in US. Take care and take it easy.
Carla

DUTA said...

The two robins are very, very cute! The picture is beautiful!

Sue in Suffolk said...

They don't make Vick like they used to - once it was strong enough to make your eyes water.

HUGE Tree creeper envy!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful photos, as always. I loved the painting and such a great title. Hope you feel better soon. Storm Freya is set to hot later today so no Ferries today.

Jean said...

The tree creeper is lovely. I've only ever seen one once. It's amazing how the same place changes every day.

BethB from Indiana said...

Any of your photographs would make beautiful paintings. You are gifted in both areas.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I can't imagine that Vic goes off - it is very good for adding to a bowl of hot water for soaking your feet in if you have any nail problems!