Monday 3 August 2020

What a day this has been!

Sing it!

First my new gardener decided it was more important to view a garage to put his tools in than come to a paying customer....  Later in the day problem with his van so into garage tomorrow and he will come here after its fixed.  Third strike and he is out.  Tail between legs for me and back to Jason and the Argonauts if so.  Fortunately we parted on good terms.  But will still need someone to pull thistles and nettles.....

The DP was away in the afternoon on a boat trip to photograph hopefully Dolphins, Gannets etc.  But he would be back to come to the Prom at 5 p.m.

So me to the Shedudio and a productive afternoon.  All carded out for a while.




Found the other set of Geese and a few odds and sods.  So all done, with still the Goldcrest to do.

Then I got the message - the DP was still at sea.  So I thought I shall go to the Prom on my own.  Something I have not done for some time.  Oxygen bottles etc in chariot are difficult to load into the car.

BUT I DID IT.   Da daaaaa.

Loaded up and unloaded at the Prom.  I walked.





Gull Gang.  Masses as no people.  Plus I got the groups of three to paint.  Always good to have an odd number, no idea why but so it is said in the art world.


More on the left of the beach in front of the Caravan Park.


Not a windbreak in sight.  Yet it was warm and no wind.  But then it is Monday so some people will be working.


There were quite a few boats.  But by this time I had collapsed back in the car having folded and tipped the chariot back in and took them through the front window of the car so most were binned.


While having our (late) evening meal we were visited by a Juvenile Great Spotted Woodpecker.  

Now should I get masked up tomorrow and try a shop visit?  Probably not.  But I am so happy I am back to doing something I thought I never would again.  Independence. 

7 comments:

Tink said...

Well done you!

Sarah Dee said...

Wonderful news Jill, so pleased for you. Please can you put a link up to buy your cards, thank you. Sarah.

Jackie said...

Love, love, love your paintings. You are so artistic.

Good for you on getting to the prom all by yourself.

God bless.

Bovey Belle said...

Well done for braving the Prom on your own. Two excellent group of 3 photos to paint as well. I was watching juvenile (Herring?) Gulls on the river Towy in town yesterday whilst my daughter ordered a woodsaw blade for her dad. One gull was clearly showing off, as his companions just flew naturally - he was dipping and jinking his wings as he flew up and down the river. Made me smile!

Jules said...

Good for you in having the gumption to visit the prom by yourself. X

The Weaver of Grass said...

Well done you Jill. I know that feeling - an awful lot of effort and often you feel it is all too much, but you do it, you enjoy it and you get a sense of having done something you thought you would never do again.

The Furry Gnome said...

Independence is wonderful!