Thursday 6 August 2020

Hotter.

21 degrees centigrade is hot for the North East of Scotland.  But always a cooling breeze!

So this morning the 'gardener' messaged me to ask if I wanted him to come today as I had not replied to his last message saying he was coming today.  

Does he really expect me to respond with a thumbs up sign for every excuse?  Enough.  

I told him we preferred people who were reliable.  

Having ensured our driveway had room for him again - no more.



So here is the DP in his 'armour' hoiking out the thistles and nettles round my patio.  He said he didn't want to do it but felt he should.  Love that man.  And he says he will continue as it is 'good' for him.  Well it is certainly good for me too.  Just hoping I can get back the previous grass cutters......

I did some painting.


Cellophane wrapped the Geese.  On sale now on my Buchan Birds and Beasts facebook page.



Then we went to the Prom.  Which was heaving.




Too many people for me to safely walk.






Boats. Big and small.  


Gull Gang out on the sea.


Back home and a female Great Spotted Woodpecker visited.



Later the sun set behind the trees.

I need to get a grip on being the old woman some people think they can mess about with.  Not any more.  I am hotter then they are!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I am sorry the prom was too busy for you to walk. Love the photo of the woodpecker.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Well done the DP - nettles usually pull out quite easily - I have some here if he wants a job!(although mine aren't in the garden so I won't bother)

Tom Stephenson said...

I think gardeners are some of the lucky few who think they can afford to be unreliable at the moment.

Jules said...

I don't think I've ever seen your prom looking so busy. I'm sorry you didn't manage to walk. X