Monday 24 August 2020

Routines go awry.

Today we had our second attempt at repairing the dishwasher.  The engineer landed mid morning.  I understand he had three replacement doors with him as he wasn't sure of the model???

So while he was with us I managed to get washed and dressed.  Then told by said engineer to stay in my bedroom.  Pardon?  

The DP went to the shop to get the paper.  

I normally have lunch in the kitchen.  Today I ate in the dining room.  

The engineer was with us till after 1 p.m.  I had booked a consultation with the cleaning company at 2 p.m.  Fortunately I had a message from them to say they were delayed.  So I had chance to deep breathe in between engineer leaving and the cleaning company arriving.  

The consultation went well.  We had it in the Shedudio.  2 metres apart and all the doors and windows open.  I will report more at another day on the cleaning  as I am really struggling.

We were both glad to escape to the Prom.




 Boats.

I counted over 50 Surf School pupils at differing stages in learning.






All these kids finish school and straight down to the Prom.  Amazing and great is it not.



I cannot see the cafe surviving to be honest.  The car park was packed.  They are missing out on a lot of trade.  Always been on my bucket list to have a cafe.  Too old and decrepit now.  Such a shame. Shutters down at 4 p.m.  How many of those families would stay and have tea there, fish and chips on the Prom?


Not just surfers visit.  Although this chap does seem to be minus a sledge!  Mush.





Only one Badger visit last night.  We left a light on outside.  Just to see what happened.  We still got a visit.

Sorry to moan.  Is it an age thing when you cannot have your well worn routine groove?

Better tomorrow - oh no high winds and heavy rain.  Perhaps they have it wrong.  That is certainly the forecasters routine!




6 comments:

Chris said...

Hope you have better weather than forecast. The badgers are very entertaining.

Jackie said...

What lovely photos of your nightly visitor.

It really messes up your day when the routine you have made for yourself gets switched around. I find myself constantly running on those days thinking I am behind.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

Hope the weather is good we have awoke to sunny and calm, long may that last. It seems strange for a cafe to close so early they are missing a lot of after school trade.

Bovey Belle said...

Perhaps the cafe can't get the staff? It does seem strange for it to be closed, missing out on trade. It is a short enough season this year as it is.

Sorry you were a bit overwhelmed with necessary "visitors". I hope the chap did have the right door in the end.

Blowing a hooley here and it has been raining steadily overnight and this morning, but stayed dry long enough for Tam and I to have a walk and take photos of our river in spate.

Jean said...

I've noticed cafes close early and especially in a position like the prom they must be missing trade. Your badger visitors are wonderful. Hope your day is more orderly tomorrow.

Fifitr said...

My favourite cafe closes at 3pm, which I find annoying but they start early to service workers on their way in to work, and as the owner puts it, it's a living not her entire life, and after an 9 hour day she's ready to go home... I guess cafe owners make decisions based on how much they need to earn and how much extra they would get if they stayed open. Like you I'd think it sensible to open all hours during the summer and take time off in the winter but I guess not everyone can work that way. Here's hoping your hatches are successfully battened, as it looks like unsettled weather is with us for a while. The badgers are such a blessing, btw.