Tuesday 4 August 2020

One day up and then one down.

That is life!

High winds and heavy rain all day.

I had the chimney sweep lined up to clean the flues on the two wood burner stoves.  But then the new gardener said he would be coming after his van was repaired.  We only have room for three vehicles on our drive.  We both have cars so I put off the sweep.  And of course the van didn't get repaired.  So now the gardener says he is coming tomorrow....

The seal on the dishwasher is failing so the DP spent most of the day trying to get through to the insurers.  Eventually sorted and we have an engineer coming next week.

After lunch I escaped to the Shedudio.



When I got down to the Shedudio I realised the DP had the hose on to water all the pots and had the hanging baskets on the patio to water too.  So who got watered as the hose has one of those this way then that way direction of jets of water.  I said I would laugh about it later.  He did turn it off.  A bit late.


Quite a bit of bird watching.  The rain doesn't bother them.


First sketch of three Herring Gulls to paint.

Peaceful despite the wind and rain outside.  But as time went on no way was I going to go to the Prom.  I do not miss many days but today I did.  Tomorrow's forecast is much better.

Just hope the gardener fulfils his promised visit before I want to go out to the Prom.  


The DP yesterday on the boat.


He saw Dolphins and lots more.

I have been asked about my cards.  My Buchan Birds and Beasts facebook page is where you can message me.  Otherwise put your email in a comment which I will not publish of course.

Hoping for an up day tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I do hope you have an up day. Love the Herring Gull sketch.

God bless.