Monday 17 August 2020

Nature.

Nature is all around us.  You just have to look.

Last night the DP had another go with the trail camera.  Sited it on the step up to the dining room patio doors.


We feed birds.  We used a tree stump and scatter seeds on top and the seeds go into the cracks.  This was a Badger cracking open the tree stump to get at the seeds.


We also got a cat.


More Badger.

Thrilled?  You bet.

More mundane.  Jason and the Argonauts are back in the fold and coming tomorrow.  Better the devil you know.  They cut grass.  And it now needs doing.

The DP is working his way through the weeds and I have done a bit too.  He has been applying the vinegar and salt to the paths and patio which does seem to work.

My visit to the Shedudio and I had a visitor.



Sorted his feathers out.  Tapped on the glass.  Quite happy.


I am not that impressed with my new solar powered fountain.....

Later to the Prom and the Gull Gang in force.







Other wild life went swimming.



The Surfing kids continue to improve.

I walked.




There were boats.

Nature provided me with clean sea air.  

Life is good if you look.




3 comments:

Chris said...

Fascinating night-time photos! I bet that will keep you interested for some time. Your visitor to the patio doors was a surprise. My only visitor this week (other than birds) was a fair sized mouse who must have thought it was safe to come out in daylight as it was dark and overcast. Now I know who lives under the deck!

Ellen D. said...

"Life is good if you look" - what a great statement! You have shared a lot of nature with us in this post! Thanks!

Jean said...

How amazing to have a badger! Our son was thrilled enough to have a fox and hedgehog on his trail camera. There are loads of beautiful things to see. I was watching a flock of longtailed tits today.