Wednesday 26 August 2020

Wednesday.

Somewhat frustrating!  Is it me?!

The DP organised our car parking so there were spaces for visits from the oxygen machine man and my friend who visits on a Wednesday.  First the window cleaner arrived out of the blue.  Now an aside.  He does our house around 9 windows, 2 sets of patio doors, and the Shedudio 6 plus doors.  He charges me £15.00.  I pay £30 to have my toe nails cut.  I keep telling him he should charge more.  But no.

My friend didnt turn up.  The DP bakes when we are having visitors.  Muffins made this morning. No message, nothing.  So I messaged her.  Whoops.  Her reply.

Then the oxygen man.  Machine serviced.  This is all free by the way and we get money to reimburse our extra electric costs!  

So we managed the Prom.  The weather was kind.







Boats.



Deserted beach.






Great joy the red legs are back.  Oystercatchers and Redshank. 






No people= Gulls.




Still struggling to capture this Beagle.......




Cant decide whether he/she is moulting or a young one.

There is a down side.







Last nights trail camera videos.  See the unwelcome visitor - rat?  Well apparently you put out sweet potato.  Badger likes.  Rat likes.  But -Raw sweet potato forms a cyanide reaction in a rat's stomach; hence, mixing them with any of your food is a good natural rat repellent. ... It blocks the digestive system by aborting the necessary vitamin A and enzymes needed for the rats to digest the protein and starches.  

So - on the menu tonight sweet potato.  

Storm Francis had a lot to do with the appearance of the rat.  All the rain would have filled their tunnel so out it came.



Tonight's Sunset.  Hope you all sleep well.  

My second daughter and family are visiting mid September.  Best news.  Staying nearby self catering.  Hoping nothing happens to stop this visit.


4 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hooray for a family visit.

I still think it's amazing that you can just drive down the road and see Oystercatchers and Redshank. Here would need a long journey to a RSPB reserve and then hours of waiting in a hide to see them!

crafty cat corner said...

I've fallen in love with the Beagle just as he is, the eyes are gorgeous.
Briony
x

mamasmercantile said...

Seeing family will be the best tonic, hope nothing changes to alter your daughters visit.

Jean said...

I love your bird pictures.