Wednesday 5 August 2020

Hot.

But not unpleasantly so.  

The gardener's latest excuse.  Now he has his van back he needs to 'catch up on his customers.'  Be here tomorrow.  Any advice whether I tell him where to go or what.  Meanwhile we are now at the stage where the many Thistles are sending their fluffy seed heads here there and everywhere and the Nettles are almost a hedge around my patio and elsewhere.

On the up side I had a friend visit today.  Fellow artist.  We sat 2 metres apart and had a catch up.  Most important we had a laugh.  She comes and we paint together at different things.  No painting was done today!

Then it was the PROM.  I really missed it yesterday.




There were boats.  The mistiness is heat haze.


Kids helping each other to surf.  


The Gull Gang.  Being very noisy.  The DP says it is because there are lots of young ones.



Another trio to paint.


.  

The sky and yet again almost deserted beach.  


This is Benson our neighbouring Beagle who occasionally visits our garden.


I am struggling with his eye surrounds.  His owner has sent me some more photos so am hoping I can sort it/them.

My second daughter's birthday today.  So missing my kids and grandkids.  Aberdeen our nearest city and where the big hospital is is now in lockdown as some idiots have been here there and everywhere in the pubs, bars, and infection rates of CORVID have rocketed.

Which will put back my family being able to visit as they have to drive through the city to get here.

Think positive.  I try.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Love Benson and think you are doing an admirable job of his portrait. Hope the Covid breakout is swiftly contained.

Andrew R. Scott said...

Nice photos and words in here. Farther North-East we managed this year was Stonehaven. We live in Perthshire. Have never been to Fraserburgh but I love the sea and the gulls and wee harbours so I probably should come. Found you from John Gray's Going Gently blog

Tink said...

So frustrating with the gardener! It sounds as though he is ‘having a lend’. Sorry to hear about the C19 outbreak in Aberdeen- keep safe and well.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Looks like it was flat calm yesterday.

That gardener doesn't seem very reliable does he? and he hasn't even started yet!

Lynda said...

I think the gardener needs to go..before he’s ever arrived! Best of luck.....we have a lot of female gardeners around here. Maybe they’re more reliable....

Barbee' said...

So enjoy your photos and paintings! Love the busy, busy gull gang.

Jules said...

I think I'd be getting a different gardener. X