Monday 10 August 2020

Boring but pleasant.

Still have to prune the rose...  DP carries on pulling thistles and nettles all along the new hedge he planted some time ago inside the new fence.  The Escallonia flowering nicely but difficult to see through the weeds.




The Buddleia is flowering too.  Survived being swamped by the Yellow Loosestrife.  And there are lots of other spikes growing.  Really pleased as we have struggled to get this plant growing in both gardens we have had up here.


Gave the Skurries the water they were standing in and am now almost finished.

Then to the Prom.




Gull Gang.  


Metal Detector.  Never seen anyone find anything.





Boats all heading for the Harbour.


Not many people.


This years award.  We did it again.


Our first house in North East Scotland.  This was our bed and breakfast business we set up.

A money pit but we loved it.  My blog then was called Greenbrae Farmhouse .  Tiring but fun doing a b&b.  And we did the garden ourselves.  Had hens and ducks.  

I know my limits!  We came here.



4 comments:

Chris said...

Wish I had known about your B&B while I was still visiting Scotland. I am sure there a lots of things to be found in the sand. I lost a watch on a Spanish beach once.

Jackie said...

I always wonder why people use a metal detector on the beach. I am sure they can find a few things, but one would think tramping down footpaths might yield more.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Perhaps that man had heard about the huge bronze age finds of horse harness near Peebles and was hoping for something similar!

Fifitr said...

I suspect that metal detecting's rather like fishing for many people, chiefly men. It gives them something to do peacefully while the hope for a result keeps them focussed and interested. I don't think the end result has much to do with it!