Saturday 15 August 2020

The Glums.

Anyone remember the Glum family on the radio in the 50s?   Our weather has been like that - Glum with heavy clouds pressing down and making humidity high.   A struggle to breathe.  More of the same tomorrow apparently.

I had my monthly pill to take.  Another one to stop my bones breaking.  Ibandronic acid.  I take it and then have to stay upright for an hour before food.  Then feel lousy for the rest of the day....

Then the ASDA delivery was early and the DP still out getting the paper.  Apparently they can deliver up to 20 minutes before the delivery slot, well no one told us.  Anyway he asked for the bags and started to unload into them and then the DP returned.  Sorted.

Back to yesterday and the signage we were promised in 2018 finally up.  Right up to it being finished I was emailing the man at the council and him saying we weren't to have any.  So I sent him a copy of his email.....





How long before the signs and our fence get flattened - again?



The DP has been out removing the weeds so as to at last show our new hedge.  Escallonia.  For the bees.

We escaped to the Prom.



Surf school.



Gull Gang.


Empty beach.  I walked.



Boats.

The DP is still on pain killers for his tooth extraction plus regular salt mouth washes.

Hoping for a stress free day tomorrow and some painting... Yay.

6 comments:

vic said...

How wonderful to have the sign and the posts there in front of the fence. Are those reflectors on the bottom portion of the posts? That should help warning folks at night that there is a sharp turn ahead! Here's hoping that they work and your fence is permanent.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Your weather sounds much like ours - actually quite chilly this morning.

Tigger's Mum said...

In your land of big sky there is just more of that grey to look at. At least it provides variety, and interesting sunrises and sunsets.

Bovey Belle said...

I hope that saves your fence now. At least the reflective posts should help guide people round (rather than THROUGH!)

It's been suffocating here, but was much better this morning so Tam and I had a brisk walk and I have clocked up over 13,000 steps today. I hope it cools down for you soon.

Jean said...

Hope the sign works and your fence survives. Love the empty beach.

Jules said...

I hope the new signage does the job. X