Tuesday 1 January 2019

First day of 2019 rattled in.

Winds gusting up to 40 mph.  Thought it advisable to get the DP to accompany me to the Prom.  So he gets out of the car and shouts "Its fine!"  So I got out of the car.  It was not fine.



The wind was blowing on a slant from my left and behind.  So I almost bounced off the railings!   Never seen the sea so grey.  Cold too.





A fish box, blown off a fishing boat presumably.



Not many Gulls.  Standing hunched.



Not many walkers either.

I wasn't long out of the car.

We decided to go have a look at Cairnbulg Harbour which is across the bay.



A large boat struggling.



Looking back over to the Prom where I walk.  Just look at those waves.



Looking at this photo to the right of the photo see a red bouy by the side of the tall building on the Prom.  Thats where I parked today.



This is Cairnbulg Harbour.  It harbours small boats which all have to be lifted out for the winter.  Not sure why this one is still there.  Probably getting damaged.



A kite surfer.  Mad.



The DP got the stove going and the wind continued.  Before the stove I would have had two electric fires going....



Feeling somewhat swamped by canvases.



Varnished and ready for the off.  I do the varnishing just before I vacate the shedudio.  Fumes are not good for me.  

So Day one of 2019 was a very good one.  Hope yours was too.

7 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Gosh, a wind like that must have certainly blown the cobwebs away Jill! Those waves looked pretty angry too - not a good day to be out on the water. I can imagine you were pleased to be back in the warm of your lovely studio.

Happy New Year.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Off to a good start here too - even though I didn't surface until 11o'clock (didn't get in until 3am this morning!). The birds are one of my favourites.
Certainly looks a bit choppy up there.
Happy New Year Jill x

kjsutcliffe said...

Yes today was a good one - a gentle one with the most sublime weather. Stark contrast to your wild winds and waves!

Chris said...

A positive start to the New Year for you, Jill. Hope it continues in the same vein.

AnjiDot said...

Love the photos, I think there’s something rather beautiful about stormy seas.

crafty cat corner said...

I realise the wind is not good for you but I love to see the sea like that.
Briony
x

BethB from Indiana said...

Gorgeous photos, as usual. Your latest finished painting is wonderful.