Wednesday 30 January 2019

Wednesday witterings.


SO COLD.  

Frost covering everywhere.  

In the bleak midwinter
Frosty wind made moan
Earth stood hard as iron
Water like a stone.  So true.....


Even on the Prom.


Ice every where you look.



Well, not quite everywhere.  Mainly Skurries in the Kessock Burn.


Fairly bubbling along and carving again...



Bit of a mixture of birds on the left of the beach.  


Lobster boats returning to the Harbour.



Look at all those Lobster Pots!  (Trunks - Doric).



Doing the turn to Starboard to line up with the Harbour entrance.

Home and to the Shedudio.  Wednesday is the day of the visit from my friend and fellow artist.  Now on with a painting of Elephants.  I dont paint when she comes just yak!  So what with yesterday's jaunt and today's yakking I am tired again!

Hey ho.

Here is a photo of Sith Cat being soppy.


His favourite place is over a shoulder.  His purrs shake the walls.  You have to be stood up.  He does not do this if you are sitting down.  Cats!

The sun will shine again tomorrow, as it did today, but it will still be cold.  I can cope with that.  No wind. Ha.




5 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like Sith Cat likes to be high up - I've noticed that with other cats.

Gail, northern California said...

I failed to comment yesterday but wanted you to know I love the swan painting you gave your cafe' friends. Such a lovely, thoughtful gift.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

We are using the Sith cat position at the moment to wind the new baby! So cold here too - hoping we make it up to North Yorkshire tomorrow to the panto (my sis has a leading role - only the village panto though).

kjsutcliffe said...

Yes, I've a cat that likes to be help up high - so she can look down on her humans and check what is happening on table tops and kitchen counters....

mamasmercantile said...

Cold here too and I fear the temperatures are about to drop again. Stay warm.