Monday 31 December 2018

That time of year again.

The end.

But before that I went to the Prom.  Of course.


Is not that beautiful.  The Kessock Burn now has two outlets into the North Sea.  This is the middle one.


Lots of Great Black Backed Gulls.  


Masses of Gulls.




Away on my left by the rocks Redshanks.


Not many people, or dogs.


The sky over Tiger Hill was indicating the calm will not last.  Already I can hear the wind outside picking up and the forecast is for 30 mph tomorrow.


Home and in the Shedudio.  A female Pheasant visited.


The Lion got a coat of varnish.  This is watercolour on a prepared canvas.  As it will not be behind glass a coat of watercolour varnish goes on to protect it from fingermarks, dust etc.
He just needs his hanging bits on the back and he is ready to go.


I keep spotting plants doing daft things.  Chrysanthemums in bud!

Hoping 2019 is kind to all of you.  It would be very good if our politicians in government used their brain cells and discovered compassion.

Happy Hogmanay.  I will be in bed so see you all tomorrow.

9 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Hogmanay, Jill. X

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Your lion is so wonderful...Everytime I see him, I want to hear him speak. He looks as if he would have a lot of wisdom to share.

Chris said...

Best wishes for a healthy, happy to you and the DP, Jill.

Susan Heather said...

I have said it before but I love that lion. Happy New Year.

MarleneS said...

Happy New Year Jill.

rusty duck said...

Happy New Year Jill. Don’t ever lose your spirit (and I don’t mean the whisky!) x

Mary said...

I enjoy seeing your photos of gulls. Though I live near a large body of water, the times I see the most gulls are in a large parking lot about 5 miles inland when there is a dense morning fog. They seem to sleep in large groupings there and wait for the fog to clear. Prefer seeing them in your photos in their natural habitat. :) Happy Hogmanay.

Percy (Thrower) said...

Chrysanthemums? Are you sure? They look just like carnations!

justjill said...

Senior moment Percy they are carnations.