Saturday 19 January 2019

A Grey day.

Grey skies.  No wind.  No rain.  Just gloomy grey.


This is what I saw from the Prom.  I enhanced the following on the computer, more to cheer me up than anything else!


The snow was still lying on the edges of the beach which do not get any sunlight at this time of year.


The Gull Gang were well spaced up the Kessock Burn.


Whatever the weather it is bonny.

The wind returns tomorrow so I have dug out my wind proof, water proof over trousers.  The DP is off on an RSPB jaunt to Drumoak.  

In the Shedudio.


Almost final tweaks to the Deer.  


A coat of varnish to the finished Oystercatchers canvas.  I do any varnishing just before I vacate the Shedudio.  The fumes I fear are not good for my lungs.  But I have to protect the watercolour as it is on canvas and not behind glass.  I did get a spray but realised that was even worse and with the watercolour varnish from a bottle I can apply it quickly using a cheap brush from Lidly and then wang it in the bin.

So not such a grey day!

p.s. to Catriona.  Seasalt clothes are amazing.  Look out for the different Mill Pool Dresses/Tunics.  They also do cord trousers which seem to have been totally deffed in by the supermarkets et al.  Denim or jersey......


5 comments:

janipi said...

I don’t think Ihave ever seen snow on the beach. We have a Sea Salt shop in nearby Cirencester. Lovely styles. In my teaching days I could afford the odd treat but it is nice to window shop.

Debi said...

Hello!,My names Debi and I have been reading your blog for a while.I am going to try and comment but I dont think that I am clever enough to do this on your blog.I always comment on Ilona,mean queens blog...so here I go!I love your pictures and see that you do great paintings of the birds.I love seagulls and always put food out for them...I live in the Midlands.My Hubbys family is from Buckie...maybe up your way?xx

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I love the pattern the Oyster catchers make - very striking and bold. I am missing the sea so much I like the greyness at this time of year by our cottage - we are waiting another baby to arrive again so can't get up to Scotland just yet. Seeing your pictures is helping but the real thing would be better.

BethB from Indiana said...

The deer painting is outstanding.

mamasmercantile said...

I am always fascinated when there is snow on the beach, you would think the salt would melt it quickly but it doesn't appear to. The deer is a delight.