Wednesday 23 January 2019

Wednesday Witterings.

As I was still stressing out about the Cooncil not replying to my emails, the DP, who is also the chair of the Art Group took over.  In no uncertain terms he told them their non action was totally unacceptable.  Well no apology but I then got email confirmation of the meeting this Friday.  And the dates for our annual exhibition also.  So they had found my emails which they denied having.  And breathe.

To the Prom.


Never got above freezing today.  But no wind.  And sun.  So not all bad.  You can just see the frost still lying at the base of the Dunes and halfway up Tiger Hill, the big dune.  Where the sun dont shine.


Not much wildlife to see as the tide was coming well in.

Lots of dog walkers, but not on the beach as there wasn't much beach.  I was at risk of severe injury as balls whizzed past me, hurled by those strange ball whanging things that no-one seems to be able to control or aim.


The Lone Surfer.  With no surf.  Just as I got back into the car he caught a wave and showed how good he was.  He was.  But I was in the car and cannot leap out and run and take a photo so you will have to just take my word for it.

My afternoon was with my friend and fellow artist.  She paints I talk.  So not very productive.

Ah Catriona Mason you really set off the memories.  Yorkshire Sculpture Park.


We used to live not far away.  Indeed our wedding party was in the village hall at Bretton.


We married on Midsummers Eve and our guests came to the evening party here as characters from Midsummer Nights Dream. almost 39 years ago.  

Sweet dreams everyone.

5 comments:

Catriona said...

Thanks for your comment and photos, Jill. We were martied at exactly the other end of the year- Christmas Eve 1971 and went to Scarborough for our honeymoon. Beautiful winter’s day in your photos-seaside envy again.

DUTA said...

Well, sun, no wind, no freezing - that's good enough. And the sea has a very deep blue color, whoich is nice to look at.

Deb from Ohio said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos of the water, thanks for posting them.

Fishcake_random said...

I to have a healthy fear of the ball wanger things. A strong arm can send a ball for a good distance!
X

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Yorkshire Sculpture park and Bretton Hall are just up the road from us - well about 8 miles away. My daughter almost booked out a place over there for her wedding and my colleague got married at the new visitor centre - quite a popular place.
I never knew you lived around here - small world.