Friday 4 January 2019

Stressed - why?

This morning I was expecting my lovely carer to wash, moisturise and help me dress.  So good to be clean all over in one go.  She was due just after 10 a.m.  The DP had a 10 a.m. appointment with Sith cat at the vets.  And the Dishwasher repair man was due from 10 a.m.

So as I have to sit naked on a stool in the bathroom I asked my carer if she would answer the door if it went and pointed out where the dishwasher was.  I could hardly breathe by this time to explain things to her.  Stressed.  Stupid.  

Of course the washing etc went smoothly with no interruptions from Dishwasher Man.

The DP and Sith were back before the carer left.  Then the Dishwasher engineer arrived and fixed the dishwasher.  Why do I allow myself to get so stressed.....  It took me the rest of the day to unwind.

The Prom helped.


Flat calm sea.  It was a little warmer today.  No wind, but no sun, quite gloomy the whole day in fact.


Too many dog walkers.  So just a few of the Gull Gang.  There were Oystercatchers but they flew when King approached.  King is a huge dog, rarely on a lead, I know his name as his owner bellows it constantly interspersed with, "He wont hurt your dog, just wants to sniff it. KING!"


Smallish fishing boat away on the hunt, as they say.

Back home having had vitamin sea and into the Shedudio.

Started another Short Eared Owl.


I also have a deer to do for my granddaughter.  Not yet begun, I need to prepare a canvas first.

Here is Sith cat.  He has lost a lot of weight 25% of what he was 6 months ago.  So he is back to the vet on Monday for blood tests to be taken.  He is an old man, eats plenty but obviously not going to the parts it should.


This is his feed me/stroke me/go open the door I cant be bothered with the cat flap look.

Aren't cat owners supposed to get less stressed?

10 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Sorry to hear you got so stressed this morning. I think sometimes we just expect everything to go pear shaped . . . then it doesn't, but we've worried just in case! What are we like?

I hope Sith's blood test will show what's amiss, but I guess it may just be old age. I know when horses get old, they are sometimes lacking in the tiny nutrients - trying to think of the names of some - and need a supplement to supply them. Perhaps worth asking the vet?

Love the new short eared owl.

Chris said...

Sith cat looks quite healthy in the photo but weight loss is worrying. Is he eating well, purring when petted? I'm not a cat owner at the moment but have had cats in my life. They are wonderful companions.

kjsutcliffe said...

Glad, despite feeling stressed, that everything went as hoped. Looking forward to seeing how the short eared owl progresses x

crafty cat corner said...

Must ask what happened to the cat that appeared outside?
Briony
x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Having a lot of commitments at one time is stressful - glad it all went well in the end - you will be able to remember this for another time and try to relax more. Hope you cat is OK - our cat was about 22 when he died and had been on that special food from the vet for about 3 years as it is lower in protein to help the kidney function. Must have worked!

Lynda said...

The sea is a great de-stressor!! xx

BadPenny said...

I can see why you were stressed, sitting naked would do it to me too ! Xx

janipi said...

I too would be stressed. That’s too much going on all at once. How lovely you have the beautiful prom to de stress. Hope the vet can help with Sith.

Rachel Phillips said...

I tend to think these days as I get older that nothing really matters, nothing can shock me and I can't worry about anyone else and what they might think. Too bad if they don't like what they see and actually they probably didn't see anything anyway. Can't think of anything else.

BethB from Indiana said...

Being near water seems to help me. I loved it when I lived in Monterey, California for two years. The air was always made my nose run, but I could breathe! The same when we would visit the coast of Maine. Yet we live in flat middle America. Only family and health issues keep us here.