Thursday 17 January 2019

Snow.

Overnight it snowed but soon disappeared apart from some odd bits where the sun dont shine.  Very cold and very windy.


No-one else around.  Apart from the lady who cleans the loos every day.  We nod and smile at each other.  Occasional chat.  Though today it was more a grimace as it was so cold.


Rough sea.  There was a stiff breeze.


The Gull Gang in their usual places along the Kessock Burn.


The other lot, Oystercatchers, Black Headed Gulls and Redshanks were all sheltering from the wind by the rocks below the caravan park.




A very short walk then back in the car.  Freezing.


I had a visitor today to the Shedudio.  She bought 5 of the Lion cards.  She found me via my facebook page, Buchan Birds and Beasts.  I was subjected to what felt like the 3rd degree.  

Did I come down to the Shedudio every day and paint?
Yes.
Why?
Because I can't do anything else.

She then proceeded to tell me where I should be exhibiting my work.  As apparently no -one would find me.  I pointed out that she had found me!

Hey ho.  Once she had gone I got stuck into painting, because thats what I do.


Last bit of cling film.


And off.  Just a bit of tweaking now. Then its done.  Needs varnishing, this is watercolour varnish.  Protects from fading and fingerprints.  Then fixings on the back for hanging and off to granddaughter.  At the visitors request,  and as I would do anyway,  I shall make cards with the image.

The DP is at his Photographic Society this evening and has prepared a quiz.  Hope it all goes well.

A wee bit more snow tonight possibly.  Much better day tomorrow but its time to get my waterproof, windproof over trousers out and on.  Night night.


6 comments:

Mollysmum said...

Wonderful painting and I love the effect that the cling film leaves. You are very lucky to be such a talented painter .

wherethejourneytakesme said...

The deer is one of my favourites so far - although it is hard to have a favourite I love them all. I like the look on the deer's face with the cling film on her behind! Your granddaughter is so lucky she will love it too.

MarleneS said...

The deer painting is really lovely.

Bovey Belle said...

Super deer and he does look startled having cling-film where no deer ever had cling-film before!!


Brrr to the beach photos - made me shiver just imagining that "brisk" wind gnawing at your vitals. Keep warm.

mamasmercantile said...

The snow didn't last long here either. Temperatures are going back up a little here but I noticed how much they had dropped overnight on the mainland, as low as -10 in some places. Love the effect of the cling film, such a great painting.

The Weaver of Grass said...

We had tiny flurries of snow here in Yorkshire too. Now it is dark I haven't look out to see what the weather is like but it is certainly very cold.