Monday 21 January 2019

Is it me?

What a frustrating day I have had.

Remember our Art Group being locked out on Friday?  I sent an email.  

This morning I got one back from the Cooncil.  No record of any booking.  
So I copied and pasted all the emails from November when the booking was made.  Including the last email I had sent asking which meeting was to go on their booking form, the one in January or the one in July which is our annual exhibition!  Never got a response so I didnt fill in the form. 

Silence. So far.

Then I was to do a sort of Skype with my physiotherapist.  Set it all up and I was left in 'the waiting room'.  I then phoned and told he had gone out....  It was arranged he would phone me tomorrow at 11 a.m. as I was going out.  Off I went.  He phoned when I had gone out......

To the Prom.



So, so cold.  With a biting wind.  In my face walking and in my back returning to the car. 



Not many others there either.

The beach cafe.



The Beach Cafe was shut.  Presumably from now until it reopens with new people in May.  I hope they get their act together before then as Easter is before mid May.  Plus it does very well all year round despite it having only small windows looking over the sea and to look out of them you have to hoik yourself onto a bar stool.  Such untapped potential.  

The next battle was with George at Asda.  I had purchased a dressing gown. Which I was due to collect last Thursday.  As I had still not had any response to come and collect I contacted their Customer Service.  Apparently there was a problem, but it was there and I could collect. .... Right.  So what was the problem?

I was ready for the Shedudio.  Looked forward to calming down, destressing, painting.  

A dear friend landed.  I did warn her I was not at my best mentally.  She proceeded to place in front of me her plans for some months away and could I do x, y, z...... all of which could wait til nearer the time.

Still jangling.  Glass of wine. Punch drunk.  Better tomorrow - I hope.

It must be me.

Postscript.

The DP also failed.  He says.







5 comments:

janipi said...

A glass of wine was a good choice. Lovely pictures. The beach doesn’t look as cold as I’m sure it was.

Jules said...

Your glass of wine was much deserved and those photographs are amazing. X

Chris said...

Very frustrating all round. Keep your spirits up, Jill!

Debi said...

Oh a glass of wine always helps!.You post some beautiful photos of the beach and that cafe could be amazing!.I lived in a seafront flat in Ramsgate..down south..many years ago.I loved looking out at the beach and sea every morning from my balcony.I wish I still lived there now,instead I just look out at my neighbours garage wall,lol,xx

wherethejourneytakesme said...

What would life be without all the problems and a glass of wine!
I love a good beach cafe - I could quite fancy running one myself.
Those pictures don't look like failure to me.