Tuesday 29 January 2019

Lunch.


Our lovely friends have recently taken over The Lodge Cafe at Strichen Park.  They run the cafe and Golf range and shop in Fraserburgh, The Dunes.


Dunes Cafe.

Which is very, very successful.

A lot more snow, inland from us, at Strichen Community Park.


We were invited to partake of lunch as a training exercise for the new staff.


Our table number and menu.  Plus out of shot a specials menu.


Moi.


My lunch.  Bacon and Brie toastie on brown.  With a lot of trimmings. Which sadly I could not manage.  I have now been told that I have to ask for a small portion I then get half a toastie.  I also have to specify NO SIDES.  At the Dunes it is known as a Jills special!  But there is no tablet effort there!

The DP had already demolished his 3 Fish cakes with dips and chips and salad.....

Everything went well, the staff were confident, helpful, smiley and efficient.  What more can one say.  All orders were ditted in to a tablet thing.  Which then went to the chef ( my mate Colin).

There were other people there.  For me this was way out of my comfort zone being with people in a time when I am supposed to be avoiding people until Spring!  They had the invites staggered so other people arrived in half hour blocks.  And none of us had to pay.  So nobody gave the staff an order for pudding!


The Lodge.


A lot of the guests brought bouquets of flowers.  Me - I brought this white framed painting I did of the Swans on the frozen Strichen Lake.  Torvill and Dean!  

We left and went on to the Prom.  8 miles from Strichen to Fraserburgh.






Before going home.  I am shattered.  Happily shattered.

6 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

What a lovely day - and your swans are beautiful - a lovely gift.

DUTA said...

Interesting culinary experience!
The blue swans - a very beautiful gift offered to your friends, the cafe owners!

MarleneS said...

Beautiful swans, and a tasty free lunch, a good day.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

What a lovely gift to take and one that will last after the flowers are gone. Glad you had a nice time whilst helping towards the training.

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out. Love the painting, such a beautiful gift.

Patty said...

Love the swans!