Sunday 20 January 2019

All alone am I.

The DP was away at 8.30 with his mate for the RSPB jaunt.


40 people turned up!  So they had to be split into two groups.  Even then the ones at the back did not get to see the birds that the ones at the front saw.  Not my idea of fun.

So I had to get me own lunch.  Boiled egg, Ryvita with pate and a cuppa soup. Also a healthy yogurt drink effort.

 Loaded up the chariot.  Funny how in this cold weather it folds up tight and glides into the back of the car.  No effort at all.  

Down to the Prom.  Yet again I forgot the waterproof/windproof over trousers.  It was COLD.  There was a wind that was not  forecast and shortly after I got out of the car RAIN which was not forecast.  I left the well behaved chariot in the car and walked to the railings.  Sometimes it is easier.


A few walkers on the beach but not many.



None of the Gull Gang.


And just four Oystercatchers.

I got back in the car and came home.  

Shedudio.  I lit the stove.  I fed the birds.  Fortunately the DP had lowered the feeders so I could reach them!  

Well there must have been a 100 birds descended as soon as I had walked away.  Never seen so many at once.  But the windows were rain and snow and hail spattered so no good for photos.

The Deer is finished.  Just to be varnished tomorrow.


And now for something completely different.


My hair is now behaving itself in the way I want it to so I have my spiky bits back.


Earlier this afternoon,


The Full Moon.  Later, much later there is to be an eclipse.  This will then be a blood moon, the last for another two years.  So the DP is hoping for a clear night and intends to be trooping outside in the early hours.  He will be sleeping in the spare room..............

All alone am I.

Welcome to Debi.  I have 3 O levels and a bronze medal in life saving.  You do not have to be 'clever' to comment on this blog!  Buckie is just up the coast from us.  Thank you for your comments.

5 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I don't think I will be looking out for the eclipse - I was falling asleep in front of the TV - saw the beginning and end of Vera but have no recollection of the middle bit. New baby arrived this morning - (elder daughter's and 9 days too early - a boy - first in our family for a generation or two. I am completely worn out! Hope DP enjoys himself though and you have his company tomorrow.
PS That is different - but I can see a bird shape in there - Heron?

Marilyn said...

You and I have the same hairstyle mine though is very grey..thought occasionly of colouring but wary.
Always interested in your paintings the deer is stunning and of course by following your blog have watched the progress with interest.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I love the deer painting.
Not seeing the birds when you are a birdwatcher must be a bit frustrating.
Freezing here this a.m

BethB from Indiana said...

Love the sky pic. What is the new "thing" going to be?

What kind of "chariot" do you have? Mine are too heavy to move around easily, soI use them in the house and a regular walker when we go out. Can't even walk one step without holding onto something!

Bovey Belle said...

I did contemplate having a look at the moon when I woke up for the loo, but it was too early and then I carried on sleeping until the alarm woke me.

Sorry it's been so cold and wet and windy with you - no fun getting out for some Vitamin Sea on such days. Glad your beloved got everything sorted (bird feeders etc) before he went, and I hope he saw some new-to-him birds.

LOVE that deer painting, and amazing how many birds you have coming to your feeders. We are around 30 or 40 small birds at our feeders outside the kitchen window. Plus the Sparrowhawk . . . is yours still around?