Saturday 7 November 2020

Warning - a rant.

 The care company who send me the carers twice a week - well.  The carers all moan about the 'office'  forgetting their holidays. etc.

I was beginning to think they had their act together when I started to receive rotas of who was coming.  It was agreed long ago that I have a carer visit Tuesdays and Fridays 10.30 til 11. 30.

Supposed to have a permanent carer when possible.  My usual one is on holiday next week.  So my rota arrives with details of her replacement.  Now I plan other things round the carers.  Like consultant appointments.  Next week I have a telephone consultation with the consultant which I arranged for 11.20 from the times offered.  Both days times for the carer have been changed to 11 til 12.  So I say that is not possible.  Explain why.  No response.

It is actions like this which send me into meltdown.

Peace at the Prom.






Surfers.  Boats.  The beach.


Weather was amazing.  Not cold, no wind, not much sun but some.  I walked.  Had a few chats.  Feeling good.

Had a few text messages from carers who knew I would be stressed.  Between them and not the office they have sorted me.  They are CARERS.  Unlike their employers.  

Well done America.  


I can still have a laugh.


10 comments:

Lynda said...

Big celebrations over here! We’ve dumped tRump. Whoopee!!! Love your bit at the bottom...!

The Furry Gnome said...

Care companies changing schedules are one of our biggest pet peeves. And like you, our caregivers themselves can usually sort it out.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'm so pleased your lovely carers sorted out the muddle.
The world is watching to see what happens next in the USA......

Jules said...

Sadly, care companies are notoriously difficult to deal with. It's good to know the actual carers are thinking of you. X

Kris said...

Dancing in the streets. Bells ring. Spontaneous displays of joy and relief. Otherwise, just another day in a DEMOCRACY.

Hello. We're the U.S. And we're BACK BABY!

Rachel Phillips said...

I worked in the Care Arranging department at the local council a few years ago. It was a nightmare and very stressful and I was just one of the arrangers. I used to get very stressed about it and go home worrying that I had not fulfilled my duties properly which were mostly out of my hands once the agreements had been signed. We used to arrange 15 minute care calls which in the local paper the council denied existed but I knew they did because I used to arrange them. We did 15 minute, 30 minute, 45 minutes and 1 hour. The care companies we used were privately run and we used to instruct them on who they were to see. We used to just keep ringing round until we found someone who could go. Sorry that turned into such a long comment Jill.

mamasmercantile said...

I am so glad you have such caring carers who arranged the changes wonderfully.

Bovey Belle said...

Sorry that your Carer schedule was mucked up good and proper but glad that the caring Carers have themselves sorted it out.

It looked a bit "brisk" for your walk but we must make the most of sunshine in winter.

Grammy Braxton said...

So sorry for the problem with the carers. I know that is frustrating. Here in the US, I have been just relaxing after holding my breath for 4 days. Thankful we have a new president. I love the meme.

vic said...


I love your end piece. It's time for him to pack his bags and go home! And good riddance!

What a relief it is.

Indiana USA