Saturday 14 November 2020

Steps forward.

Bitter cold.  Waterproof and windproof over trousers for golfers - and me.  I walked the prom.


 Still beautiful.

Not many people I only managed one chat.  Young woman with empty pushchair.  We both had a laugh when I said, " You look as if you have lost something."  "A child!" she replied.  Child was with Grandma at the playpark.



Gulls ablutions.


No people or dogs.



Oystercatcher.



Turnstones may look like Oystercatchers but they are smaller.  The Redshank top right is smaller than Oystercatcher and Turnstones are smaller than Redshank.  They also run around fast.


Good to see them and get a photograph!

By the time we got home it was too dark to get down to the Shedudio.  Fortunately I have things up at the house like the guillotine.  The DP has worked on the photo I took and then painted.  So this will be our Christmas card this year.


So I spent a while slicing them up to then stick on the cards already folded by me.  Job for tomorrow. The original painting its title was 'All Together Now.'  It is still one of my favourite paintings.  Will have to get a move on as unbelievably we received our first Christmas card today.  Ok from Cyprus.  But then....

Our lovely wood man supplied us with a big pile of logs late afternoon.  Paid him.  So if we do not get a plumber to service the oil fired boiler, still not got a plumber ... we will be warm.

All in all a positive day.  The anti depressant pill remains in the drawer.  Being written off by the respiratory consultant and not a counselling session from g.p. will not make me head in that direction.  I will carry on.  Helped by my children.  Skyped the oldest this evening.  And the delightful 2 year old grandson who never shuts up.  But I do know what to do with transformers now!

Part of my transformation is to welcome back Weaver of Grass.  A good blogging friend of many.




10 comments:

Mary Bolton said...

I really like your Christmas card & the title of the original painting!

The Furry Gnome said...

Love the Christmas card!

Jackie said...

It looks as if the birds are singing. Perfect for your Christmas cards.

The beach is deserted. Have the mini surfers finished their lessons?

God bless.

lynney62 said...

Very good news today about "Weaver"!!! It is a good day!

it's me said...

Love that card!

thelma said...

Lovely to see you so upbeat. No matter how many times you tell us the different bird names I never remember them but love the photos of them.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Love that card!

Such VERY good news about Pat weaver of grass....Thank goodness

mamasmercantile said...

Love the card and the original title, spectacular.

Tom Stephenson said...

Yes, it's good to have Weaver back, eh? I don't think your Christmas card would go down very well here in Bath. Winter is the only time when we are not constantly being shouted at and dive bombed by them.

Lynda said...

Love that card!
Glad Weaver has been heard from!
We have a lot of new things they are doing for COPD here in the Stares at Temple Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Might be worth looking into....
Gray and warming here..I’d love a walk on a prom by the sea!