Saturday 28 November 2020

Saturday.

The sun shone - a real positive.  

We have not had the Badger visit for some time now.  They slow down in the winter.  Plus the wet spells make it easy for them to get worms.  The black and white cat continues to be fed twice a day.  Still timid so we feed it and that's it.

My visit to the Prom on a daily basis never fails to lift my spirits.  It may be boring to some as I have been informed on deleted anonymous comments, one asking if I recycle the photos.  Well no.  Half the fun is seeing the slight changes.  But the continuity of the tides is satisfying too.  If anyone finds my posts boring then don't read them.  The posts are part of my coping with my ailments.


The sea and sky are changing all the time.  Nature is a far better artist than I will ever be.


Eyes to the right.

Surf school.  Parents and kids.


Small kids wear crash helmets as once they are all in the water surf boards can require damage limitation!


As many of you know I love seabirds.  The poses.  Anything with red legs!  Oystercatchers actually have deep pink legs.  Orange beak and eye surround.   I have so many paintings of this bird.

Recently I have been painting groups of Herring Gulls.  Not a popular bird with the masses.



And when I do paint I forget about Corona forget about my struggle to breathe.  Ah bliss.


12 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I fear my posts are seen as rather boring too, but like you I find doing it every day helps keep my brain alive and takes my mind off the chronic pain. And I love your beach photos with the subtle daily changes.

it's me said...

The ocean and sky are always changing. I love how you capture the essence of a bird in a few strokes.

Debby said...

I must take up painting right away then. I need something to take my mind off this virus stuff. Our numbers are through the roof.

Jules said...

I find your photographs uplifting. Looking at them is the next best thing to actually breathing in the fresh sea air. X

crafty cat corner said...

Jigsaws are the thing that take us away from any worries and I love Herring Gulls.
Briony
x

Karla said...

I find your posts inspiring, and the Prom pics are lovely! I never tire of the birds, esp the gulls! There are those who don't care for gulls - ah well, as you said, scroll on then! Your blog is FOR you! And we love to read it!

gallovidian said...

I love seagulls of all persuasions, sea birds in general. My friend calls seagulls "beach chickens" lol x

Tracy said...

Your photos and posts are a little bit of sanity in a mad world. I enjoy 'my' walk along the prom each day, watching the birds and the people and seeing the boats go in and out. X

Rachel Phillips said...

I find myself in the swing of the photographs and looking forward to them everyday Jill. x

EM Griffith said...

Jill, having lived right on the Pacific coast for 15 years, the colors of the sea and sky, even just the mood changes every day. I also look forward to your photos. To seeing what the Prom looked like on your daily visit. To hearing how you're doing and seeing what you're painting.

Jean said...

I love your paintings and photos. The sea changes daily and nothing boring about it. I walk along the river every day and always see something different.

Ruth said...

Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto!! I love to see the sea! I love to see the boats, the birds, the people, and the reflections in the sheets of water on the sand. Wonderful to know you are there at the sea, breathing in the cool air. Take care.