Thursday 9 January 2020

Thursday.

Is shopping day.  I do not shop.  I avoid crowds of people and I cannot really do lifting and stuff.  So another job for the DP.  Fortunately he enjoys it.  In the morning he does the supermarkets and afternoon our lovely Butcher and today the chemist for my repeats.  Free in Scotland.

In between we went to the Prom.


A fishing boat away out.  Past the Golden Horn.  The Golden Horn is a beacon to indicate the entrance to the Harbour.  It is not a lighthouse.  It does flash, but there is no lens which there is in a lighthouse.  Our Lighthouse, Kinnaird Head is all white.  Not lit now.  A boring modern one in front of it.  
Part of the Museum of Scottish Lighthouses now.  I once was vice chair of the board of trustees.  All Lighthouses are different.  One near Peterhead is red and white striped.  



Rattray is all white.





  Bell Rock is all white with a brown band.  Lighthouses - a fascination I still have but cant do the stairs now!





Kinnaird Head Lighthouse, Fraserburgh.  Part of the Museum of Scottish Lighthouses.


A pleasant afternoon.  No wind.  Not too cold.  Plenty sea birds.




Herring Gulls.  Oystercatchers.



Surfers.

I walked.  

4 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

The DP is a real gem.You are so lucky to have him.I also have a gem.

Jean said...

I love lighthouses too and have walked up a few including one in the USA. There is just something fascinating about them.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

My husband's uncle used to work for the Northern Lighthouse Board I think they are called. Funny I have only ever seen the yellow / white ones in Scotland so presumed that must be their colour! The one near our cottage on the mull is yellow and white and the one above Stranraer on the north Rhins is too. Thanks for enlightening me.

Jackie said...

I have always love lighthouses. So many different shapes, colours, and places to see them.

God bless.