Friday 24 January 2020

The Elephant in the Room.

Mid way through the afternoon.  It arrived.


We decided on the dining room as the best place.  It can be shoved back on it wheels and curtain thrown over it.

The bottom part extracts the oxygen in the air.

The top part takes the small cyclinders and fills them with oxygen.


Both of these have their own carry bag.


Which fits into the chariot.  A cannula is fitted to the cylinder and in my nose and away we go.  As I breathe in this triggers 2 pulses of oxygen.  That is my prescription of now.  Can change up or down.
I will have regular checks back at the dreaded ARI....

The whole thing was installed by a lovely chap who explained everything.  Mostly to the DP as I was just scared....

There is also this huge cylinder.  Hidden behind a curtain now, which is for power cuts  and is a constant stream of oxygen.  Once used at all we have to phone up and get the whole thing replaced.  

We had to inform our insurance company for house and contents and car that oxygen was in the house and would be in the car.  I also have to get a sticker for the car so if involved in an accident the emergency people are aware.  We will also be having a visit from a Fire Officer.  I am not allowed to vape or be near the wood burners.  I apparently will have an aura of oxygen around me so am at risk of exploding into flames.  So long as I allow 20 minutes to allow the oxygen aura disperse I can then vape and be in the same room as a woodburner.  So get down to the Shedudio, leave chariot and small tank outside, wait 20 minutes then go in to a lit stove. 

I have to notify the electric company so we get preferential treatment if there is a power cut.  Not sure how that one will work out. 

But I can light the stove and boil a kettle and be warm and see cos candles arent allowed at all!

But a plus - we get help with our electric bills!

I cannot wear lipstick or use any oil based product.  Now looking for water based skin cream.  Vaseline? NO. Tis Petroleum jelly!

Major life rethink.  Tomorrow I go to the Prom and test if all this has been worth while and I do power walk up and down the Prom.

You just have to laugh.



9 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Once all that has been sorted, you'll wonder why you were worried. Just think of it as rocket fuel and you'll be raring to go!

Terra said...

This must have been invented by a genius, it sounds rather convenient. I had heard of auras, but never an oxygen aura. Be safe with the bursting into flame issue you mentioned! No lipstick, now that would be hard for me, I like a touch of color.

Jackie said...

I think this will work wonderfully well for you and you will be powering up and down the prom in no time at all.

God bless.

Mollysmum said...

It sounds like it will certainly free you up to get out and about more. Those small cylinders will be easily transportable and the benefit of breathing easily is the aim. Good luck and best wishes for an easier life.

Jules said...

You'll soon be in to a routine with everything. I'm looking forward to reading how you get on. X

Sue in Suffolk said...

What a clever machine - but I had no idea Oxygen was so dangerous!
Hope you get a better walk now

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled for you and hope this will give you a better quality of life.

Moira said...

Give up the vaping. I am 70 and have the lung capacity of a child, but I still walk/struggle struggle up mountains. I wonder if that came from having parents who smoked. My husband have up smoking about 30 years ago after smoking for over 40 years. Not easy but if your health is suffering do it.
I look at young smokers around me and think they should read your blog to let them know what is in store for them.
Good luck with your oxygen hope it helps, I don't wish you I'll but now that the vaping could interfere with the oxygen new strategies are required.

hart said...

This sounds like it will give you such relief and freedom of movement.