Friday 10 January 2020

Punctuality and other stuff.

I was brought up to be punctual.  I am usually early for whatever.  Just to be sure I am not late.  So it really annoys me that others are not the same.  I was pleasantly impressed therefore that the caring company phoned me to tell me the carer would be late.  A first.

The DP and I went to the Prom after lunch.  It was cold.  But not much wind and some sun lurking around.  Managed a walk.



Reliance II returning to the harbour.



Golden Dawn.


Very frosty today.  



Not many people so plenty of the Gull Gang by the Kessock Burn.  Smaller Gulls are Blackheaded.  Skurry/Herring Gull at the back.


A solitary Redshank.  No Oystercatchers in sight.


Really pleased to capture this - an Eider Duck.

My foot wifie was late...... but am done.  I pay her, the hairdresser and the grass cutters from my Attendance Allowance.  A benefit which is not means tested.  

The DP has his date for the biopsy.  Beginning of February.  At 9.20 a.m. in Aberdeen.  After much deliberation as to whether we get the care people in to do my breakfast. with their past history of not being punctual,  we decided I would get up early so he could make my breakfast and still be punctual for his appointment.  Although at that time he will be encountering the commuters.  Sometimes you cannot win.


11 comments:

Jean said...

Have only seen eider ducks in Iceland. Very exciting to see them on your own patch.

crafty cat corner said...

Like you, I am usually earlier than I should be to appointments. My Daughter is the same but my youngest son is terrible, you can always add at least half and hour onto the time he quotes as he's always late. I agree, its so annoying.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

Is the carers allowance not for the carer not the parson cared for tho!. Confused . Sandy.

justjill said...

The person cared for has to apply.

Mollysmum said...

Are you not able to prepare for yourself a bowl of muesli or some toast? Just a simple breakfast.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Punctuality seems to have gone out of favour - like you if I say a time I am there on time - or even before time - but often I am irritated by folk being late.

mamasmercantile said...

Hope all goes well with your partners biopsy.

Anonymous said...

Now that makes more sence now its been changed to attendance allowance. That is for exactly as you are using it. For breakfast could you not have fruit ,yoghurt and cereal left out for you. Sandy.

Jackie said...

Like you I am always early for an appointment.

God bless.

Glenys said...

As some of the others have said - can't you have a more simple breakfast just for that day? Yogurt and fruit for instance, or muesli, or even a ready pot of porridge, not tried them myself but apparently you just remove the lid and put the container in the microwave.
What do you usually have - a full cooked breakfast?

Dahlia88 said...

Perhaps they sometimes need to spend a little more time with other people on their list? You're very lucky to have a free service.

Are you able to walk to the fridge to get milk to pour on some cereal?