Sunday 30 September 2018

Sunday .

Brain almost in gear today.  Did some stuff for the Art Exhibition.  I will not pack it in until after the exhibition, but then you wont see me for dust...

Weather very odd.  Wind began to increase late morning.

The DP was away at just before lunch to photograph Crimond 8km run.  

Crimond is famous for its church clock.

The church clock, bearing the inscription "The hour's coming", has an extra minute between the eleven and twelve making for 61 minutes in the hour. 


Some of the runners showing off their medals.  


As I set off to the Prom me and the chariot had to circumnavigate a van parked in our drive.  The chap with the van told me he was to control the traffic for the runners.  So he controlled me very nicely out of my drive.....!


So in that direction, to the right, sunshine.


Now looking ominous.


The Gull Gang.



I had this bird as a Redshank and then had a comment on my facebook page from the bird expert to say it was a Barwit.  Well, I never ever heard of one of them.  So that''s a first for me.  One big tick if I were a twitcher.


Fishing boat way out on its way home.

I then got soaked as a Ninja shower came from behind me.  

The weather has continued to deteriorate.  Wind still howling round.  Lots of rain.  Not too cold.  But the log burner is lit.

My annual blood pressure check tomorrow.  Seems quite odd going to the docs for something 'normal'  but I also have the ankle pressure sore to ask about and the flu jab.  I like to get me moneys worth!

Tomorrow is Monday.  I just have to remind myself every so often as to what day it is.  Anyone else have to do that?

7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Oh Jill, join the club. I settled down to watch a programme on TV last week (Joanna Lumley on the Silk Road) and was intrigued to find it wasn't on. It was only later I realised that it was actually Wednesday and not Thursday. I do it all the time.

mamasmercantile said...

The wind has been howling around here all night and the temperatures have dropped. Like you we have the stove lit so its warm and cosy in our little cottage.

Joan (Devon) said...

First thing I do in the morning is write what the weather is like in my diary. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have a clue as to what day it is.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Since leaving work I am not sure what day it is anymore or if I am coming or going - I need a new routine one that I will recognise the day by what I am doing as before.
Freezing back here in Yorkshire was much warmer in Scotland down in the South West.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I never know what day it is either,, you have a full day tomorrow! Beautiful photos,

Birdy said...

It could be a Blackwit and not a Barwit. Difficiult to tell without seeing the whole bill. The Barwit has a slight curve on the bill.

Bovey Belle said...

Great photos and I am glad you were able to get to the sea front, despite the run taking place. I've not heard of Crimond or its clock.

I hope you get all your stuff sorted out tomorrow at the Doc's.

Loving the thought of you doing your bit for the Exhibition and then you won't be seen for dust!! Good on you!