Friday 28 September 2018

Fit like?


Fit like = How are you in Doric.  

Result.  A pair of shoes.  Measured.  Fitted.  Success.  What I thought I wanted was similar to Ugg boots.  The man in the shop was a real character.  He let me try to try on various boots.  We both agreed very soon I was not going to get boots on.  As the left ankle will not bend once swollen to its maximum in the afternoon.  

At one point I was surrounded by shoe boxes, 15!  And lots more in the back.  I was in there for 1 and a half hours.  An amazing experience.  Apparently the Shoe Box is the only place to supply footwear for the disabled in the North East of Scotland.  In Fraserburgh!  Just wonderful.  The shoes were not cheap.  But I was introduced to the fact as I was disabled I could have VAT relief.  So quite a bit knocked off and he rounded it down too and I got a shoe horn!  And two insoles for the right foot as it is normal size so that doesn't slip around.  Such service.

I told him I would be back for running shoes!

I had the DP with me.  The down side is he will have to put the shoes on for me as I cannot bend.

We then went to the Prom.



Beautiful weather.



Paddle Surfer.






A very fit Surfer.  I got a smile from him....before he leapt over the railings. 






Dog Surfer with his log.

Back home I was gob smacked to see this carpet of mushrooms?





Underneath our group of Birch trees.  I wonder if they are edible?

I shall be shut away from any distractions tomorrow.  I have to do all the FASE5 stuff.  I will do all the FASE5 stuff.  I think I will retire again then.  Fit Like?  Pathetic.

I have been asked if I do commissions.  Well yes I do.  From a good photo, get down to the level of the animal, the eyes are important.








9 comments:

Terra said...

Your new black shoes are cute, and I think comfortable shoes are essential. I like the animal portraits you show here.

Gail, northern California said...

Don't ever stop venting about your health issues. We can do nothing 'cept maybe listen but it's therapeutic to write about any situation.

The bonus for us is seeing your beautiful artwork.

I admire your steely nerve and determination.

Bovey Belle said...

Love your commissions - I hope you get asked to paint lots more. That lat photo looks just like our Little Whale!

Your new shoes look splendid and what amazing service you had at the shoe shop - that man obviously enjoys his job and being helpful.

Lovely photos from the beach, especially the "action" ones of the surf-boarder. My estuary ones the other day are always in the pretty views category, as it isn't a good place for swimming (currents) and out in the bay, it is very shallow a looooooooooong way out so no surf, you just get Cockle Picking action when it's permitted.

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful service for your shoes, I am so glad you were able to get some that fit.

BadPenny said...

My mum can't get her shoes on yet and hasn't walked outside since breaking her hip, we are progressing towards that ! Xx

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Glad you got 'booted' at last! you must be relieved and what service you had. I have problem feet and down here I go to Charles Clinkards - the assistants are used to be being in there all morning surrounded by a mound of boxes and me saying could I just try that one again!
I am putting that surfer on my Christmas list!

Unknown said...

I will be in touch shortly and sort a photo-and yes the eyes are the most important!I'm glad about the shoes,
Ann Marie

kjsutcliffe said...

Brilliant service and to be able to actually get what you need and so near to home. Hope you can get out and about in them :)

vic said...

I met an artist who concentrated on animal paintings. She said "Their soul is in their eyes. If you get that right, that's about all you have to do."