Tuesday 18 September 2018

Tuesday trials.

A different carer.  Because of the written off sink I asked if she was ok to use the bath taps to wash me down.  There was some muttering about her having to bend....

Usually the carer uses at least four face cloths different ones for different bits.  Well she did the whole shebang with one cloth...  Not impressed.  

She also left the taps running for the whole time, good job we are not on a water meter.  You may ask why I do not protest.  Well you need a fair bit of breath to protest and explaining everything had left me without breath!  What did strike me as strange was this woman was a more mature one to the others but did not appear to have half their sense....

Hope I do not get her again.  

As she was finishing me off my friend M turned up.  The DP made her a drink and then went off to collect my car and buy the newspaper.  

Once we had sorted out the world and she had collected the labelling machine for exhibits to the Exhibition she departed.

After lunch I drove my car with the DP as I needed petrol and can't do that anymore.  Another limited part of my life.  And I so love the smell of petrol.

The Prom at last.


The tide was on its way in.  It was very still, humid and lots of little black flies heading for every orifice.  



Redshank.  Half the size of an Oystercatcher.  But a bird I love to paint.


As of course I do love to paint Oystercatchers.



Fishing boat coming home.


Leaving.

Coming home.  Busy today.


And there is me.  The DP always manages to take the most unflattering photos.  But I guess it sums up my state of mind at the moment!


Almost there with the hair of the dog.  

My car passed its MOT and had a full service and still came in at under £200.  Well pleased.

The gardeners came and shaved the grass.  I had hoped they would give the hedges short back and sides.  Next time.  Presumably that will then be it.  As winter approaches.

We have Storm Ali tomorrow.  That'll be fun.  My walk may well be round ASDA not the Prom.

5 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Walking around ASDA is my least preferred form of exercise, hate going so much it is less like walking/exercising more like trial by trolley!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

We are waiting the storm tomorrow here in the South West of Scotland - I just hope our little caravan stays attached to the anchors.
we had a walk on the beach earlier all was calm but of course we are not fooled by this! Saw a bird I did not recognise - could have done with your help in naming it.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Take care in storm Ali, Asda sounds safer!

mamasmercantile said...

Hope all is well with you and that the storm isn't causing too much damage.

Ephemera said...

Dear Jill, would you be able to sit in a shower for washing and have the DP help you?