Saturday 22 September 2018

Saturday Sundries.

The new sink is quite scary.  The tap gushes out what appears to be aerated froth.  The DP informs me its to reduce the amount of water used, and quite probably all new taps have to be like this.  Sue in Suffolk you will have to tell me if your tap is the same - when it comes. https://attheendofasuffolklane.blogspot.com/

The DP went to collect my painting purchase from my friend and fellow artist.  Mary J Torrance.  He then had to rearrange the dining room hung stuff.



The two I bought previously to the right.




Of the flock of flying birds.  These are above an electric radiator we occasionally use.  Heat is not good for any painting.  And the new painting to the left.




After lunch I was off to the Prom.  Still very windy, but I got out of the car.




The Oystercatchers were huddled as the wind was whipping up the sand.





Two Surfers who managed to find the only part of the sea with no surf.



I put the dog and the owl on table top stands and gazed at them.  Unsure whether to leave or tweek.  Still thinking.



More on the Fox.



The Puffin has been mounted.



So windy I watched our lady Sparrowhawk being blown off the fence.

And I leave you with a short video of birds feeding in a garden with a resident Sparrowhawk.



6 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

A lovely painting - reminds me of some of Gustav Klimt's work with the scroll patterns. The flock of birds are quite striking- useful to go above a warm spot though. We are always running out of wall space and have to keep rotating now, especially since the cottage was flooded and we had to take those paintings back home with us!
Are you putting your new paintings in the exhibition you are organising? I love your bold use of colour.

Bovey Belle said...

You've had a good crop of Sparrows this year Jill!

I LOVE your new painting that you treated yourself too. That took my attention too when you showed us her work.

Did you fiddle any more with your paintings, or are they Finished now? Both lovely.

The Weaver of Grass said...

My first husband, who was a good oil and water colour painter, always used to say that one of the arts of being a good painter was to know when to stop.

I love the design you bought - very impressive.

Hilary said...

Do you sell your paintings
I love them all

Mum said...

We took the aerator off our taps and the water looks like water now.
xx

mamasmercantile said...

A joy watching your video, seems like a feeding frenzy.