Sunday 9 September 2018

Atmospheric Skies.

Setting off to the Prom the skies became darker and darker.  Then it hailed as I was driving along, changing to heavy rain.  I parked the car.  Sat a while.  It stopped raining.  So I got out.




Well my blog is called Land of the Big Sky.  So here are some more views.




The tide was well in so this Black Headed Gull came to see me.



Owl progressing, also tweaking the Oystercatchers, and begun a new one.  

Later back in the house I saw this from the bedroom window. Which is at the front of the house.


Then same bird at the back.


Sparrow Hawk.  About 15 minutes later it was off with what I think was a Chaffinch in its talons.

One more Sky picture.  Sunset.


Night night.





5 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous skies!

vic said...

That last pic is downright scary!

Bovey Belle said...

Gosh, what wonderfully atmospheric photos Jill. Do you ever paint landscapes or do you enjoy your birds and beasties more?

Love the new work - do you ever sketch it lightly first or just paint as you are doing?

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful skies, a joy to visit your blog.

Barbee' said...

Extraordinary photos as usual! Love your photos!