Monday 1 October 2018

Monday - mostly Medical.

Lots of computing in the morning.  One of my jobs as secretary to the Fraserburgh Art Group is promotion on social media.  A fair bit of that done.



My sister in law makes these 3d cards.  She also makes jewellery and pictures from sea glass.  Lives in Oban and has decided she will exhibit at our exhibition.  While I am pleased we have a craft exhibitor we also have her staying with us.  Although I love her her staying here adds somewhat to the stress of the weekend of the exhibition.....

Our Guest Artist has also been promoted.  Elinor Grieve, Elis Art on facebook.



Our Guest photographer,  Liz Alderdice.



Also has a facebook page just add Art to her name and you can view.

Both publicised.  And shared to other groups in the area.

After lunch it was the Doctors surgery.  Blood Pressure.  I am still alive.  I usually have this taken twice, today I guess I have so much wrong with me it didnt really matter.  So just the once.  Then without asking I was jabbed in the arm and that was the flu jab.  I asked if she could look at my ankle pressure sore, so that was cleansed, gunge re applied and a plaster.  I then pushed my luck with asking about the Oxygen team coming to visit, she checked my notes and nothing was there re any of that, possibly too soon from seeing the Consultant.  I asked if the DP could have his flu jab.  Speedy Gonzales Nurse shot out the door and yelled his name.  In he came expecting me to be dead on the floor... but  just had to roll his sleeve up and be jabbed.

We made it to the Prom, about the same time the rain did, which was not forecast.






The rain became heavier.



Even the few members of the Gull Gang looked fed up.



As did the lone surfer.

The DP and I then left the Prom, filled the car up with petrol.  And then went to Tesco.  I need some fat leg trousers.  So we both looked.  Size 10 or 12 short.  The DP was as disgusted as I am that all the trousers marked short were about  a foot too long for me.  How ridiculous is that.  So everyone that shops in Tesco who is a size 10 must be six foot tall.

I came away with 5 pairs of socks that are made with antibacterial bamboo fibres.  In the hope that would sort out my pressure sore and in case I have athletes foot.  

Good night all.

6 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Could you buy cropped pants and find they fit without hemming?

Bovey Belle said...

Your poor man must have had such a shock when the Nurse yelled for him! His flu jab must have been a welcome alternative!

You certainly had the beach to yourselves yesterday - shame about the rain. "They" seem to often get the forecast wrong - makes you wonder sometimes. "They" say the weather is going to go higher than where you are, BUT it may drop down a bit. Why not just say they haven't a clue?!

I have a few pairs of bamboo socks - they are SO soft and warm to wear. I didn't know about them being anti-bacterial. I hope they help your pressure sore.

Sounds like you are getting there with the organisation for the Exhibition.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Amazing cards -
Hope you have no side effects from the flu jab, speaking to someone yesterday who had just had one and had straight away got a really bad cold.
Still don't understand the attraction of surfing!

Anonymous said...

Jill, I have only recently discovered your blog, courtesy of Sue in Suffolk, and I am not sure you will read this because it will come up as anonymous, but my husband had nasty leg ulcers because he has heart failure and I sent for manuka honey dressings from Amazon. The ulcers started to heal within 3 weeks and were gone within 6 weeks. I wondered whether they would help with your pressure sore, his legs were very badly swollen.

Best wishes
Ree x

mamasmercantile said...

I always struggle with trousers as I am only 4' 11" tall so about foot too long. Those cards are amazing, a creative family.

crafty cat corner said...

I was nabbed last year for the flu jab. I went down with a UTI and before I knew it I was given the flu jab. The last time I had one I was ill and last year was no different, I suffered for a week so this year I'll take my chance. Tom has to have one as you will know and it never affects him.
I was going to ask if you have the cough and if so, is there anything that you have found to help.
Briony
x