Monday 17 September 2018

Equilibrium.

One of my commentors from yesterday said, "Say no."  I have to practice this!

My car went over the field for its MOT and a service this morning.  The DP drove it down and walked back.  

So after the mornings paperwork, as Art Group secretary, and lunch the DP drove me to the Prom.  



To the railings and gaze and deep breathe.  My daily dose of sanity.  And vitamin sea.





The Oystercatchers are now in groups. Snoozing.  I once was asked to do a painting of Oystercatchers and did so.  When presented with the finished painting I had to go back and give them all two legs as the purchaser said they looked odd with one leg.  No pleasing some people, when asleep they do not have two legs on show......



The Gull gang wash, feather sorting, just being Gulls.

Back home and the rain had come on.  Stove lit.



The weather outside is frightful, but in the shedudio it was quite delightful!  

The things that matter to me most I am going to learn to say NO so that I can still do them.  Decision made after yesterdays happenings.  Or as in one case - not happening.  "I will be with you at 11 a.m."  For me to be up, washed and dressed for 11 is quite something. But I did it.   So for the other person not to appear till 1 p.m.......  

The next lot to land.  A catalogue of  every operation over the last few years ad infinitum for over an hour.  I try not to dwell on health problems.  What good does it do?  Just get on with living.



The Short Eared Owl is nearing completion.



Dont think the nose is big enough.  And the eyes need tweaking.  But overall I am pleased.  Work in progress.

Then I had the mundane - the plumber came to call.  My bathroom sink is a write off.  Which I knew really.  Hoping to get me a replacement by the end of the week.  So not sure how the personal carer will get on tomorrow but it was one of her mates who delivered the last rites by ramming the plug in causing the whole thing to leak.  

Equilibrium.  The Good and the bad.  All balanced.  


4 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Giggling here at the thought of your carer delivering the last rites to that sink of yours!

Ah, saying no - it's not as easy as we would like it to be as then we sometimes Feel Guilty . . . but don't be!

Typing with a limp today after giving the back of my hand such a wallop on the bottom edge of the oak settle after Theo-cat dabbed me (he was hiding under there).

Smiling also, at having to paint second legs on the Oystercatchers in that painting for a customer!

hart said...

I love 'vitamin sea." That is what my husband needs from time to time.

mamasmercantile said...

My daughter is often heard saying to me, just say NO... no is a sentence you don't have to explain! Like you I find it difficult.

Barbee' said...

That owl is darling!!