Saturday 8 September 2018

Birds and other stuff.

Much cooler.  

Spent the morning catching up with the Art Exhibition stuff I should have done a week ago.

So fresh air and the Esplanade were refreshing to say the least.


Tide going out.  So most of the Gull Gang still out at sea.


Cloudy, cool, and a breeze.  But still quite pleasant.  I walked a little bit.


Herring Gulls.


Oystercatcher deciding which way to go.


Most surfers are skinny .  This one was quite hunky and very colourful with an odd hair style.  Fascinating.


The woman in the foreground looked to have her pyjamas on.


A happy dog on a very long lead.


Garden birds through the Shedudio window.

Watching in between painting.





With the Woodburner lit.


Later, back up in the house, I watched the Rooks line up to soak up the last rays of the evening sun.


Night night.

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The owl is stunning, you are one talented lady. We too have lit the stove, seems a little early but non the less it is lit.

Bovey Belle said...

Wonderful bird observations Jill. We have rows of Jackdaws on the farm power cables sometimes (once the Swallows and House Martins have gone).

Your bird paintings are coming on well, and I don't blame you for lighting the stove. Evenings are cold here and on rainy days, the house is starting to feel damp.

Glad you managed a little walk along by the shore.

Sharon in Surrey said...

I, too, am feeling the cold! Sitting here in my office - I do small business bookkeeping part time - I have my old wool sweater & my wool socks on. It's hard to believe it was so hot in August that I couldn't breathe!!! Today it's just grey & drizzly & I wish I had a stove to light. I just love your Owl!!! There's just something about that little face that really makes me smile.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Your bird paintings are just lovely. The Rooks look like pegs on a washing line! Maybe the woman in the pyjamas was part of a life saving practice!
I can feel the chill here at night now.