Friday 21 September 2018

The doers and the donts.

Throughout my life I have been a doer.  Control freak I suppose.  But I will never understand the ones who dont.  Get involved.  Give back.

The Art group I used to belong to, and went to every week to, I no longer do as someone there objected to my coughing.   And as my disease progressed I could not be there for a morning session, which it was.  

So my efforts have been on the secretarial side, social media, promoting the visual arts where I live.  As our annual visual art exhibition for our town area is on in October I have been working my socks off.  Today I had a reply to my email for assistance from the art group at the exhibition and was told my email 'didnt get much response'.

I could weep.  The annual art exhibition has brought in more new members to the three art groups who meet and the Photographic Society.  I think this is called 'Cutting your nose off to spite your face.'  Small minds.


But - hey!  I have a new sink.  The plumber was due at 10 so I had cancelled the carers who wash me.  Then message it would be 1 p.m. when he came.  Right. The DP, plus friend and me, were off to a meeting for the Annual Art Exhibition at 1.30.  So plumber arrived, given key and left to it.

When we returned took us a while to work out how plug worked. Ah.  Push down its closed, push it again it opens.  Seemple.


Rooks and Crows having their last soar before bed.


Two Roe Deer in the field over the fence.


Good night. To the doers and the donts.

8 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'm glad you've got your basin..........I'm still waiting...........next Tuesday hopefully.

My motto has always been - if you want something done, do it yourself. Some people don't like that, they prefer to have someone else to do it for them!

Sandi said...

That is a fabulous sink!

Sometimes organizing a group is like herding cats. Sigh.

crafty cat corner said...

I wonder why I'm not keen on people and things keep reminding me, like your post.
We have had some of the coughing looks when Tom has had an episode, he was a bit upset the other day in Waitrose cafe when a woman made him feel very uncomfortable , good job I wasn't there, I would have had to say something.
I was reading yesterday that COPD is the thing of the future and many people are going to suffer from it due to the pollution, not good... especially as they can't repair it.
Briony
x

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled the basin has been fitted, thankfully all's well that ends well! A joy to see the deer. I was saddened to hear about you are no longer going to the art club. If someone has an issue with your coughing surely it is them that shouldn't attend?

wherethejourneytakesme said...

So many groups and societies going under for lack of helpers. A lady in our village here in Scotland who has oxygen tanks is the best doer I know despite her chronic illness and she is a comer in too. She put on a village gala but ended up doing it all herself and made herself ill - no one took it on the next year even though the villagers all had a great time. She was too ill to do it again. Shame.
Hope your exhibition does well and you find some new helpers soon. I would offer but the distance is perhaps a bit of a problem!!

Mum said...

There are people who 'do' and people 'who let them'. I think I'd rather 'do'. Much more satisfying.
xx

kjsutcliffe said...

You already know my feelings on that lot.
Hope they realise their stupidity. Your quality of life is more important x

Bovey Belle said...

Getting people to helpfor any organization is a difficult one.

I am angry on your behalf at the woman who objected to your coughing. I can sympathise as I had to give up volunteering at Dinefwr Park (Newton House) which I LOVED, but someone accused me of spreading germs as I was coughing with a long-ongoing chest infection which made me cough a lot (the consultant fell about when I told him that as chest infections are NOT "catching"). It just wasn't worth the bad feelings - and being an empath, I picked those up big time . . .