Monday 27 August 2018

This and that.

As reported previously I have been cracking on as secretary of the Fraserburgh Art Group (FAG).  Until today.  Emails have been whizzing back and forth between moi and this person at the council who is the latest numpty with whom I have to deal with re the booking of the hall for our exhibition.  It is booked, has been for months.  I asked for the cost for this year, knowing there was an increase.  Well - last year we paid around £400.  This year based on what we paid last year, which this numpty has got wrong, the charges this year are to be just under 1k.  How do these people get their jobs?  Can't read, can't add up, c.b.a.  Well I can do without the bloody stress.  It will be sorted.  I am not a numpty.

And breathe.


Almost high tide.  So not a lot going on.  Not for me anyway!  Sea birds all out at sea.


This boat was out at sea too, and I have no idea what it does.  


Puffin is almost finished.

So I started on 


More tomorrow.

Had me feet seen to.  My foot lady and I had a good laugh, specially when she drew blood and I said, I had another 4 toes so that was fine.

Thats it for now.  Hopefully more on an even keel tomorrow.  Stay strong everyone.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just breath; sometimes that’s not easy is it lol , your painting is beautiful as always, feel better my friend, I think of you often.

Bovey Belle said...

I love that puffin painting - especially the angle of it. I wonder what the new one will be?

I hope you can sort out the numpty who can't add up - how frustrating.

I hope your breathing will continue to do well now it is cooler. I have been coughing (productively) all summer which is Not Good. I hope I can calm the inflammation down a bit by tweaking my diet.

kjsutcliffe said...

We have similar hall to numpty ratio problems here too. Not only has the price doubled from last year, we now have to pay earlier (before we have actually made any money from entry fees) so have to stump up payment from our own pockets - So to help fund the cost of the hall, we have had to take on both rooms in the hall and fill with artists, much to the organisers disgruntlement as we have had to turn down their 'offer' to do the catering - we need the space and we can not afford their services. So they have lost out financially over the weekend due to their price increase!
Gah - makes me wonder what goes on in small village bureaucratic heads some times...

Fishcake_random said...

Beautiful puffin picture x x