Friday 24 August 2018

I dont believe it!

But I can breathe!  This is nothing to do with the Nebuliser.  The side effects of shaking hands, meant I couldn't take a photo or paint.  Also a continuous headache which I hardly ever have.  Plus I could not see any improvement in my breathing.  So I stopped using it.  Coincidence or not, plus the course of antibiotics and steroids, I cannot believe how well I feel.

This morning I was washed, head to toe, moisturiser applied, with the lovely personal carer.  

Later we had the sitting room wood burner cleaned out.  Logs to order next as it is getting cooler in the evenings.  We still have some, but once we get going they will soon go, and of course I now have two stoves!


Not cold early afternoon.  It was lovely.  I walked a bit.



Black Headed Gull, now moulting the black head as breeding season over.


If I can paint this I will be well pleased.

Home again.  Continuing the painting of the Puffin.



In between bird watching.

So there you go, a good day.  So pleased they still happen  Even though I didnt believe they would.

13 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

So glad you are breathing again and able to paint and have a walk about. The Puffin painting has such a lovely contrast of colours with the bright orange against the dark blue/black.

Sue in Suffolk said...

That's good news. I hope tomorrow is the same

MarleneS said...

Brilliant news on the breathing, long may it continue.

marlane said...

So happy to know about your breathing being better. Love the Puffin painting, the angle that he is painted at is also very interesting.

Terra said...

How good to hear your breathing is easier and also that you can paint with steady hands.

Bovey Belle said...

DELIGHTED for your breathing improvement. Perhaps a combination of all things, but I know how too much Ventolin (as in the Nebuliser) effects me so just as well you are off that now.

"I walked a bit" made me SO pleased you were able to. Let's hope you can keep it up.

DUTA said...

Well, tell us what you did! Have you, by any chance, kept your feet elevated and wore a compression sock? That is very helpful to heart-lung relation.
Anyway, wishing you a continual good breathing!

crafty cat corner said...

Wonderful news, you must be over the moon, lets hope it continues and if you can think what did it, let us know.
We have had a few horrible days here but I guess you have been through some yourselves. Today is another day and the sun is shining lets hope we both feel more positive today.
Briony
x

Fishcake_random said...

So pleased to hear you are on the mend. Loving the Puffin, you've inspired me to dig out my watercolours and have a go at painting something.
X

crafty cat corner said...

Hi Jill again, in answer to your comment. Tom does not have any phlegm, his is a dry cough. I don't think its the same as your COPD. The only thing the consultant could offer him was liquid morphine, he took it for a bit but it did nothing. He has had more luck with the CBD oil, but even that isn't as effective as it was.
It's just a progressive thing as yours is and all we can do it keep going. He is brilliant and never complains.
Today he has been a bit better, I think stress plays a part as well.
Briony
x

mamasmercantile said...

Such a delight to hear you are breathing better, long may that last. Love the puffin painting.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Good news, I hope the improvement in your health continues.

Rosie said...

I am so pleased that your breathing is better and you can enjoy the promenade and the birds. The photos are good and you must be happy that you can take them without shaking. My friend has an "essential tremor" which stops her from doing a lot of things and the doctors can't seem to find an answer for her. Hope you continue to have better breathing.