Thursday 23 August 2018

Almost back to normal?

I think there is an improvement in my health.  Well I know there is, but do not want to tempt fate.  After this week, when I thought this is it.....  Happy.


Promenade and vitamin sea, and today I walked a bit further than just the car to the railings.


Herring Gull, note the pink legs.  The Herring Gull is quite large bird.


Blackheaded Gull has red legs, and is considerably smaller than the Herring Gull.


One of the larger Gulls is the Black Backed Gull, which also has pink legs.


Young Herring Gulls - pink legs.


Mackerel fishing boat.  Registered in Peterhead, PD, but came out of Fraserburgh Harbour, FR being the letters on a Fraserburgh registered boat.


Into the Shedudio and got the paints out, definitely better!  


Sith cat sheltering on the verandah of the shed as we both watched a sudden pelting of rain.  


The DP may be slightly regretting I am getting better(not really), but I now have arranged for our builder to come and transform this mess .  When we moved in there was a coal bunker attached to under the kitchen window, which had been used as a dog kennel and had fencing and gates.  The 'path' goes nowhere.  So a patio, more paving so I can use it.


And then there is the garage door.  Wrong colour, metal, see where the lock is - at the top!  So I have the joiner coming to replace all that with white upvc to match the rest of the house, I will be able to open and close the door, no chance with this mostrosity, and we can make it secure.

Not only do we want the house to work for us but are conscious that one day our 4 kids will be left with it and it should be saleable when that day comes.

So - dear friends, I think I am definitely almost back to normal.   Whew.

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Beautiful photos!

What a weird mix-up with the door.

janipi said...

So glad to hear you are more yourself. Beautiful photos of the gulls.

Anonymous said...

I discovered it as equally, if not more addictive as Xanax, Klonapin, and Valium when taken in liquid or powder form.

Anonymous said...

Your accessibility to affordable Nike jordan tennis sneakers perhaps there is anybody should acknowledge greatest places
to search.

crafty cat corner said...

So pleased you are better, gives me hope for Tom when he has bad days. Like the look of the new painting
Briony
x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Glad to hear you are better and painting again. I am taking note of all the names of gulls with different legs and will test myself when we are next up at our cottage by the sea!
Very wise to get your house in order and saleable but especially to make it easier for you both to live in at the present time.
I like a path that goes nowhere!

rusty duck said...

Onwards x

Louise Stopford said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You have a really lovely home.

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled to hear you are feeling better, long may that last.