Wednesday 8 August 2018

Doctor, doings and not doings.

Doctors mid morning.  Still trying to get to grips with all the information and discussions.  I do like my doctor.  He is a straight talker and we always have a laugh too.  The DP came with me as I can never remember all the discussion as I am talking too much.  I have been referred to a consultant, this was done in May, and the GP is to add the information from today in another letter.

Basically due to the COPD damage to my lungs, and the recent chest infection, my heart is having to work harder to pump .  Which has led to the swelling of my leg, ankles and feet.  Because the heart is unable to function in pumping.  I think the end result will be my taking oxygen.  But none of this can happen until a consultant examines me, possibly tests to confirm whether it is COPD/heart or something else causing the swelling.  Plus we are at the end of the road with drug rehabilitation unless the consultant knows of something else to try.  

So I decided to just get on with living.


The DP and I went to the Prom.  

Cooler but very pleasant.  Gull Gang in evidence.



I so enjoy watching them.  



Calm sea again.  Sailing boat and small fishing boat.

In the afternoon a friend and fellow artist visited.  She is hoping to create her own studio in a static caravan in her garden and was buzzing with ideas for it.  So was I!

As she painted her latest I looked outside, as I was not painting, and the rain was falling.


Didnt expect that!



Later, having dinner.  Starlings en masse and a solitary Goldfinch.  Love the garden birds.

My doctor and I discussed quality of my life.  I said I was very happy with my quality of life.  He said, "There is nothing wrong with your brain."

It's good when there is one bit of you there is nothing wrong with - ha ha!

11 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Definitely nothing wrong with your brain Jill. I hope that they can sort out some helpful treatment for your other problems. This summer has put extra strain on those of us with breathing problems - I'm the worse I've been for some time too, but I am hoping it is temporary.

DUTA said...

Your doctor sounds like a really nice person.
The bottom line is indeed how you feel about your life and its quality. You feel happy, and that's all that matters.

marlane said...

You may have already read this and tried it.

https://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-nutrient-that-may-help-reverse-emphysema-and-copd.html

Athene said...

You seem to find pleasure in everything you do, despite the limitations you face. I'm really envious of your painting skills and admire your determination and your dedication. I hope you're still enjoying a glass of red wine, too.

Anonymous said...

this weather can't be helping your condition much at all and when it cools down maybe you will breath better too, its a wonderful thing to have a doctor you respect!

Terra said...

I like that last bit you wrote about your doctor and you and quality of life.

crafty cat corner said...

I really admire you for your stoicism but what can you do but carry on. I feel sure there may be something they can give you for your heart that will help with the swelling of the feet and legs, well, I hope so.
Tom is a similar type to you in that he never complains, I on the other hand would be such a trial.
Do you feel better with the cooler weather?
I loved that clock by the way.
Briony
x

Margaret said...

I am so glad you have decided to "just get on with living". My husband passed away recently after many years suffering with COPD and attendant heart failure (he was on home oxygen). We decided long ago that life is too short to sit around moaning about our health, so, as much as we were able, we made a conscious effort to enjoy our life every day. I am so happy now that we did that, as I have been left with so many precious memories. And so I wish you all the best in getting on with the business of living - try to enjoy each day as much as you can and keep smiling. God bless, xx

MarleneS said...

It's great you are keeping a positive attitude. x

mamasmercantile said...

Always nice to have such a good relationship with your Doctor. There is certainly nothing wrong with your brain and your positive attitude is to be admired.

Sue in Suffolk said...

We have much cooler weather here in Suffolk today, hope it's cooled down for you to help with the breathing.
I'm glad you still have your brain ! and your painting skills and birds in the garden. Keep positive