Tuesday 21 August 2018

Life is good.

Lets get the boring bits out the way first.  Waking every hour during night, that's the Steroids.  Used to that.  Went on the Nebuliser after breakfast.  Prior to total body wash and moisturise from the personal carer.  All good.

After lunch I made it to the Prom!  From car to railings.


Sorry its shaky, but then so am I.  There were so many Seabirds it was the easiest way of showing you.

Also some stills.


The Kessock Burn is yet again meandering left on the beach.  It is amazing to see a beach change, sand shelves appear, dunes alter shape, the smaller ones, and the Burn changes direction, weird.


The biggest Dune is called Tiger Hill, and I still haven't found out why it is so called.


This Great Black Backed Gull will become a painting!  Should be a ballet dancer.

This evening as we were eating our evening meal in the dining room we saw this beautiful lady.


Female Roe Deer in the Barley field over the garden fence.


Rosie please paint the bee.  Would love to see it done.  I have lost my mojo at the moment.  But will try.  In a while.

To everyone who has commented, I am so grateful, you cheer me up, and spur me on.  And I love all your blogs, that is the ones I can read.  Some do not want you to, so that is a shame.  Hey ho.  Thanks anyway.

Life is good.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Could the deer become a painting too? She looks like she is posing.

carolyn said...

You live in such a beautiful area. I would love living there Hang in there, m'dear. I really admire your talent and fortitude.

mamasmercantile said...

I loved the ballet dancer, it would indeed make a great painting.

kjsutcliffe said...

Glad there are good things through your day. When I was going through a rather dark time, a gently wise friend of mine suggested that I (at the end of each day) think of three good things that had happened through that day and give gentle thanks for them. I still do it now as I find it does help see through the rest of the rubbish that can occur.

On a changing beach note, years ago we visited Lindesfarne for the first time and one particular beach was a huge undulating swathe of sand with huge sea washed logs scattered about. We loved the drifts and mounds of sand with lagoons of trapped sea water. The following year and subsequently - it has been as flat as a pancake. It must have been a tremendous storm to have altered its appearance so dramatically. It amazes me how a beach can change.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Lovely close up of the deer - I managed to capture one in our garden in Scotland one day eating our apple tree! They are beautiful creatures but I am wary of ticks now in our grass and always wear my leggings well tucked into my socks.
The beach below our cottage is the same - it changes after every winter when all the boulders and pebbles get moved around - sometimes we have large patches of sand appearing and then we have more pebbles again.
Have a good day.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

PS - not sure about your comment about reading other blogs 'the ones you can read' - do you mean some are not accessible or that you cannot read the type?
Just curious!

Bovey Belle said...

Good for you to hang on to the positives. You are lucky to have a Nebuliser as in my neck of the woods they have decided they "aren't effective" - REALLY? This really means that they are playing nip and tuck with the budget . . .

I hope you aran't on the steroids too long. They seem to stop me sleeping much at all but I DO get lots done in the day and watch programmes I've recorded at night . . .

Chin up and hoping you are breathing better soon.

Louise Stopford said...

I am really enjoying your blog. Your photo's are wonderful, as are your paintings. Your garden and Shedudio are delightful. You really do live in a beautiful area. Obviously you are not feeling too well at the moment, but at least you are taking time to enjoy the good things in your life and are thankful for them. Hoping that you feel better soon.

Rosie said...

I will try to paint the thistle and bee and will let you know how it goes. We should do a show and tell! I hope you can follow my blog and I will put my painting on that when I finish it. Glad you got to the Prom today. All the best.