Monday 20 August 2018

Call the Doctor.

So I did.


And ended up with this.  No not oxygen, levels still fine, its a Nebuliser.  So instead of an inhaler this is attached to a machine,


Which pumps up into the mask and one breathes normally, for about ten minutes.  What I didnt expect was the 'smoke' that comes out of both sides-  I am a Dragon!!!!  Once the 'smoke' finishes you switch the machine off.  Up to four times a day.  Also got steroids.... 

Managed to get washed and dressed after that, so that took up the rest of the morning..



Down to the Shedudio and Mum Pheasant and three babies came to visit.



Beautiful!


All three babies went into the pile of branches - great camouflage.  I could see them with my eye but the camera couldnt.





Totally mystified why this pair of Greenfinches apparently have red beaks.  Any ideas?

lynney62 - I tried everything going to stop smoking.  Then I heard about vaping from a fellow COPD sufferer.  I tried it and have never looked back.  Stopped for 2 years now, no craving, you get 'smoke' and a hit of nicotine in a water vapour, choose the one equivalent to the cigarette you smoke and then reduce the nicotine amount, if you want.  Nicotine is the addictive bit, but with vaping you are not getting all the other life threatening rubbish.
I wouldnt wish COPD on my worst enemy.  It starts off as life limiting and then slowly gets worse til you die.  But vaping improved my life big time.  I would probably be dead now had I continued to smoke cigarettes.  You live on your own?  You can't do that with COPD  as you will progress to needing the help of an other or others.  TRY VAPING.

Night all.

11 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Hang in there (hugs) you are a fighter.
Your birds - could it be a fungus on their beaks?

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/how-you-can-help-birds/disease-and-garden-wildlife/diseases-in-garden-birds/

crafty cat corner said...

I remember my Mum had one of these machines, hers used to make such a racket, maybe they've improved on them. She smoked most of her life and I look back and see her with a cig in her mouth and a great big end of ash waiting to fall off. lol
I grew up in a house of smokers. You couldn't see across the room sometimes but I just didn't ever fancy it, I tried once and didn't like it.
I've seen lots of green finches but never one with a red beak, will be interesting to find out the cause.
Briony
x

lynney62 said...

Thank you for your answer to my comment...I have heard a little about vaping..it sounds like it's definitely worth checking into...It may help me a lot. Thanks again!

DUTA said...

Very good picture of you despite the Nebuliser device! I like youe hair cut and hair color. Keep it that way!
As for smoking, I remember when my father was told by the doctor to quit smoking, and the next day, he just did that. No words, no rants, no addiction center support. Nothing.
Well, that was another country, another time, other kind of human beings. And there was no Google to help, one had to rely on the professional only.
The professionals (doctors, nurses,) nowadays are tired, crowded,and not always helpful; they just seek the easy way out - meds. I think,for example, they should have insisted , for your swollen leg, that you keep it up, most of the time, and use a compression sock. From my personal experience, it helps a lot.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh goodness - sorry you had to call the doctor. Hope the nebuliser works well and helps you get out and about again.
Blogger was playing silly buggers and wouldn't let me see all the photos but greenfinches with red beaks sound very odd

mamasmercantile said...

Hopefully the nubuliser will give you some relief. Great shots of the birds in your garden.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Goodness - I am just having a catch up and got quite a shock to see your picture in my reader of you in the mask. I believe the nebulisers are very good at helping the breathing - an elderly lady I used to vist with same conditions as you had one at home.
Just read also about your carer appearing 2 hours late - you can get a long way in 2 hours - if I was ever lost I would search out a post office, newsagent or local shop - they always knew where places were. however I can't imagine that she wouldn't have a phone these days if only for emergencies.
Lovely photos - I am learning a lot from you naming the birds - I confess I love watching them but often can't name some of them and would have no clue on the red beaks.
Hope you feeling better soon.

MarleneS said...

Hope things will improve with the nebuliser.
Let us know if you get any answers on the greenfinch.

hart said...

I hope the new machine works well for you. I look forward to seeing more prom photos.

janipi said...

The nebuliser might be just the thing to help you feel a lot better. The steroids too. I am enjoying the bird photos.:)

BethB from Indiana said...

Steroids can really help, but the nebulizer may be the best thing the doctor did for you. I hope they both help. You are a great photographer--I love looking at all the bird pictures you post.