Sunday 26 August 2018

Achievements.

More or less on top of my duties as secretary to the Fraserburgh Art Group.  Rejigged all the entry forms and rules for the 2018 exhibition.

Sent out the minutes of the last meeting with the notice of Friday being the next meeting.

 Also received a lovely email from a local primary school teacher.  Two of their years pupils are answering the Community Challenge to create Fraserburgh Flyers.  These are to be of anything that flies, that is alive, or once was, and the creations will be hung as mobiles in the hall.  So that will be over a 100!!!

While I was embroiled in secretarial duties, the DP was at the RSPB reserve nearby and seeing birds being ringed.



A very young Swallow lifted, and ringed, from the nest, and replaced.



Adult Swallow trapped in the mist net.  Ringed and then released.

After lunch.  The Prom.


It was very breezy and cool.  Coat on.  Managed the railings and that was it.



Good job I have a great zoom on my camera!  The Gull Gang.


Herring Gull listening for worms. (With a ring on his leg.)


Black Headed Gull keeping one leg warm.

Back home and the sorting continued.


What a mess.


Work space ?  Dont think so.


A brutal clearance.


Drawers done.


Not often one sees this workspace as a space.  But there you go.  Achievements

Now friends - from last week to today is so amazing.  I did all this today without the need for any inhaler assistance.  I cannot believe it!  Last week I could do sweet Fanny Adams. 

We are now into cooler weather.  It rained this evening, and the woodburner was lit....

But today I think I can say I have achieved.

8 comments:

Chris said...

A very steady hand on the video camera! Thanks for sharing your special place with us in blogland.

Susan Heather said...

Well done.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Happy dance for you feeling so much better!
I had a shift around in my craft room too yesterday

Lizziemac said...

That’s great, so pleased.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Glad to hear it Jill. I must say that I think this Summer has taken it out of all of us but hopefully the vitamin D we all got will come in useful iver the winter.

Heidi said...

Well done! Lovely to see your workspace. A shame about the birds though, very stressful for them being caught and handled. Sometimes I think there's just too much interference in their little lives, not always for the greater good.
I hope your health continues to improve.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

So glad to hear your good news and see your video!

Rosie said...

I am so pleased that you are feeling much better and hope it continues and the weather too. I have painted the thistles but can't post them here so will see what I can do.