Saturday 18 August 2018

Laughter on the Prom.

A bit breezy today, but a warm one.

I do my pulmonary physio exercises every other day, well I try to..... today I did them.

The Prom.



Stunning.

We really are the Hidden Corner.  There were a few people taking packed lunches and sitting on the benches.  The odd dog walker.  

And of course - masses of Gulls.

Out at sea was this lovely sail boat.






Snoozing Blackheaded Gulls.


Skurries on the rocks. (Herring Gulls.)

But the best entertainment today was a pair of Great Black Backed Gulls performing their bonding ritual and showing their offspring how to do it.








There were some odd glances from the people nearby as to what was this silly old woman laughing at.  Had they asked I would have told them.  Didnt know what they were missing.

Not laughing now the silly old woman.  Back on the antibiotics......

6 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Oh, not good to be back on the anti's again, hope they work nice and quickly for you.
Briony
x

Bovey Belle said...

Oh no to the antibiotics, but I hope that they kick in quickly.

I had a bit of a laugh too, at the gull biting his mate's bum!! We must take pleasure in the smallest things and I am glad they made you laugh.

Get well soon.

BTW, keep meaning to say, do you take a Vitamin D supplement? I do and find it REALLY beneficial. When you have been on steroids it depletes the Vitamin D as well as the Calcium of course, so helpful to take supplements of both.

Catsngrams said...

I love your pictures of the ocean. I live in a desert country and have only seen the ocean twice in my life. Lucky you so enjoy for me too ok?
Cat

mamasmercantile said...

The antics of the gulls make me smile. Sorry to hear you are back on the antibiotics but hopefully they will help and you won't need another course of steroids. Take care.

kjsutcliffe said...

I could hear the gulls 'laughter' when I saw that photo of the head thrown back. Feel better soon x

hart said...

I love these gulls. How nice that they teach their offspring how to find a mate.