Thursday 9 August 2018

Clearing out.

On with sorting out THE CHAIR in my bedroom which has been holding a vast quantity of my wardrobe.  Now have a bulging charity bag.  As I shrink in height, and legs get fatter, I am getting rid of anything that now I would trip up over, or leggings and tight trousers, which I either cannot get on or are uncomfortable.  Also quite a few pairs of shoes which I cannot see me ever getting on fat feet.  I am now bare footed unless driving and the pair of shoes I currently drive in have been attacked by scissors so as to get them on.  Step One.  Completed.

Step Two.  Prom.


Cooler therefore more pleasant.



Gull Gang having fun as usual.  Human visitors not interfering at all.  Good.  Or dogs.






This huge cargo ship was exiting the harbour backwards.  With assistance from the Pilot Boat.  It eventually swung round and was away.  Fascinating to watch.  Jade from Amsterdam.

Step 3.  Planning.


Back home and in the Shedudio.  I have prepped some small canvases.  Along with clearing drawers down there and finding more rubbish.  I also found some photos and drawings of  Lighthouses around and about.  So I think I will do a series of paintings of Lighthouses on the canvases.

So there you go.  Onward and upward.  Yay.


6 comments:

Scarlet said...

I just want to say that you are a bloody amazing woman. xx

Jean. said...

I love lighthouses, and shells, seagulls, beach huts, in fact all things coastal, so I look forward to seeing your small canvases. As regards footwear, my late mother-in-law had a really bad foot problem due to arthritis. The NHS hospital provided her with two custom made pairs of footwear, one for outdoors, and the other was a special pair of slippers. I don't know if this is of any help to you, or what the rules are in Scotland, but once her problems were assessed, she was provided with various helpful pieces of equipment to make life easier.

Susan Heather said...

It is always good when one gets rid of excess items one no longer uses. You are always so positive - well done.

mamasmercantile said...

I too am looking forward to your series of lighthouses. What a joy to see so many in the gull gang today.

Louise Stopford said...

Love your photo's of The Prom, as usual. It looked so peaceful and I would have enjoyed to see the cargo ship as well. Lighthouses sounds like a great subject for you to paint. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Anonymous said...

our house was on the shore by the shipping lanes and I loved to watch the ships being guided out of the channel,, its fascinating to see the big beats brought out,, sounds like you've been busy and the light house series sounds wonderful!