Wednesday 24 January 2018

Storm Georgina.

Has prevented me venturing out.  Wind speeds of 30 mph plus with a yellow warning.  So I didnt go out other than to the shedudio.


Oystercatcher, launching.



So this is the wall where the woodburning stove will sit.




How to (not ) draw on a photo.  But this is where the wood burner will sit.  The flue will go out through the wall and then be upwards with 'stays' to stop it being blown over and away by the wind.  So a fair bit of effort to remove the paintings, the shelf unit, etcetera, etcetera. The DP is ready.

A slate slab will be put in.  The stove will sit on it.  A hole will be cut into the wall and the flue fitted. The flue will go out through the wall and then up.  The stove will be a low kilowatt.  So I await the details, the ordering of, the delivery of, the installation of.  And then I light the match.

The electric fires I have currently dry my eyes and throat out.  Cost money.  Not good.

If you think about it people lived in log cabins, had woodburners and survived.  Bring it on.  

Storm Georgina disappears tomorrow, so I will be on the Prom.


3 comments:

Lynda said...

Love your 'dancing' oystercatcher!

And wood heaters are the best (from one who knows)! xx

Anonymous said...

Love your photos of the sea. Miss your walk as much as you do I think

kjsutcliffe said...

My eventual plan is to have a woodburner in mine too, but at the moment, until we sort out the damp floor situation it will have to wait. Inside at the moment as a bit to 'fresh' to go out!