Monday 29 January 2018

Happy Day.

I am not sure why but after the unexplained sickness and day of rest last week I have felt really well!  They used to 'purge' in the olden days I believe.  My breathing is easier and I have energy, which I had forgotten what that felt like.  Most odd.

I sailed through my Pulmonary physio exercises this morning and increased some.  

The wind was strong, in excess of 25 mph, but the sun was shining and temperature above freezing so out I went.


This is how I like it, few people.  And birds a plenty.


Each time I stopped it was because the wind had gusted.  I clung on to the railings.  I had put one brake on the chariot and it wheeled itself round me to the other side of me.  I made sure to apply both brakes after that.


This is where most of the Gull Gang gather.  Here the Kessock Burn meets the North Sea.  Fresh water meeting sea water.  Apparently Gulls can drink both.  Whether they prefer the fresh water for their baths as it does not contain salt, I do not know.  But they seem to prefer it.



As do Oystercatchers.




There were a lot of Redshank over by the rocks.  The wind gusted as I took the photo so its a bit blurred.

I had a chat to a chap who walks his dog every day.  He rides a bike and the dog carries an enormous stick.  The man throws it a long way into the sea and the dog fetches it.  The dog is actually a bitch and is a cross collie with labrador.  The dog is never on a lead.  She watches him totally.  Lovely to see.  I will get a photo next time I see them in action.

I came home and after reading the Garden Birdwatch could be done on a Monday I thought I would have another go.  My third.  Oh and the buggy thing is ridden by my nearest neighbour's son, 9 years old.  So it is for fun.  However he is very hard working, has his own small flock of sheep which he cares for every day and they should be in lamb now.  So I forgive him.



But not a sparrow !  I give in and will submit my first days count.  That is it for another year, from now on its just pleasure and no doubt there will be hundreds and lots of different species from now on.


4 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Sorry to laugh but I am visualising the buggy with the one brake on doing it's own thing. Good that you had a good day, makes you feel so much better doesn't it?
Briony
x

rusty duck said...

It's such a glorious beach. Even in midwinter. And I love the light on the oystercatchers. Sunlight is it? I've forgotten what that looks like.
Glad you're feeling better x

Anonymous said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS AND THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WELL BEHAVED DOG! yES, THE BIRDS WILL COME IN DROVES NOW!!

kjsutcliffe said...

I watched/counted birds and hoped I would get a full house of all my lovely visitors, but I had the hard core regulars and greedy beaks! Still, they were counted and sent in :) Can now just watch them normally again :)