Wednesday 17 January 2018

Snow/Sna (Doric).

The DP made my breakfast!  His bird watching/photographer mate arrived at around 7 a.m. but it had taken him so long to get here and on snow/ice packed roads they decided to call today's jaunt off.  

I was very relieved, not just to have him prepare my breakfast, but not to have to worry all day. 

After lunch the sun was shining, blue skies.  So off I went.


Always seems odd to see the beach and sand dunes with snow on!


Does not deter the surfers.

It was bitterly cold.  And a strong wind, well over 20 mph.  The chariot kept taking off.


I had intended to increase my distance in walking but the wind and cold defeated me.  Although I had earlier exceeded my previous counts on the various pulmonary physio exercises so was well pleased.



Lots of poses from the Oystercatchers for me to draw.


Not sure what happened here.  The car had come off a track to a farm. Just up the road from us. 


Down to the shedudio.  Masses of birds being fed by us.  We have two lots of Robins.  This one kindly posed. 



Loads of Starling, Crows, Rooks, Jackdaws wheeling about as the sky darkened and the snow returned.






This afternoons work.  A Redshank, there are two others lurking in the background.

So that is my day nearly over.  Goodnight to all.

5 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I always feel for the birds when it snows. Love the little robin.
Great news on the physio.
Briony
x

DUTA said...

Let's hope nothing bad happened to the driver of the car.
Your pictures are of a professional quality.

kjsutcliffe said...

How's the snow today? Ours has all washed away and we are back to that really dull light - so so uninspiring for work, even with the day light bulb. I need to shake off this arty-lethargy - I've a show in mid Feb and need some stock to sell :(

Anonymous said...

surfing with snow!! Now thats dedication for sure!! were the roads slippery I wonder thats why the car bushed it ,,,,

Anonymous said...

ooops, forgot to say how beautiful the painting is!!