Sunday 30 June 2019

Much Fresher.

A breeze blowing most of the day made the weather far more pleasant for me.

I drove myself to the Prom.


There were some Ninja showers around.  One happened on my way down to the beach.  But I didnt get wet.  Looking out to sea you can see where rain is falling.  



Odd rain clouds all around.


Small Mackerel line fishing boat.


Someone had strapped Scottish Independence flags to the railings.  Which reminded me of the time I was the token English incomer on Janet Street Porters tour round Scotland prior to the last Independence vote, wherein most of us voted to remain.


2014.  She is twice my size in height so she sat for the photo.  The researcher for the t.v. found me via this blog!!!  

I can no longer stand unaided!


Juvenile Great Spotted Woodpecker.  Red head. If on the nape male, no red on nape or head of female.



More teasels growing.


Tree Sparrows playing at being Meerkats.

With no help from BT we do have our phone back on.  The DP worked out how to bypass the old system somehow.  Our neighbour is still off and is going to try it.

That was some storm or rather storms plural we had last night.  But it has freshened the air.

Onward and upward.

4 comments:

carolyn said...

Love the sparrows doing their meerkat imitation. Looks like a great painting idea. Really enjoy your blog. Thanks for doing it, and I am glad the weather is better.

Bovey Belle said...

Love the Meercat Sparrows!

Sorry your breathing has been so bad with the heat and humidity. Mine v. bad tonight as I did a car boot sale yesterday and then got up early to shop at one today and I think this morning was too big an ask. Steroids staring me in the face now . . .

Glad you are breathing easier today, and great photo of you with Janet Street-Porter.

kjsutcliffe said...

those sparrows - wonderful!

mamasmercantile said...

Its quite cool here and thankfully the storm didn't hit us. Great photo of you and Janet Street Porter.