Thursday 20 June 2019

Tired out I am.

Breathing in the humidity this morning was difficult.  That tires one out.  The DP has bought me a hand held fan today, which really helps.

Made it to the Prom at which point the heavens opened and there was a heavy downpour.  This stopped as suddenly as it had started so I got out out of the car. To the railings.






Views from leaning on the railings.  You can see where the rain is falling.



Two of the regular small boats.



The Garden Design.  Bearing in mind this was to provide me with access to more of the garden I am not that impressed with all the steps.  Yes we have a sloping garden from the house downwards to the fence, but I dont have to go that way.  The wildlife pond is wanted.  Some of the seating areas are not for me.  Anyway we will discuss with a landscaper or three to get some idea of costs for the bits we do want.  And also ask if instead of steps we can have sloping paths.  The terrible writing 'house' 'studio' were done by me - for you all to help you understand where everything is.  Lots to think about and discuss.

But interesting to have a fresh eye.



Dyson and Mrs Dyson brought three chicks into the garden today.  One chick is out of shot, there is always one.....

Earlier our lovely neighbour from across the field, also our car repairer, appeared with a bag full of cooked crabs.  Velvet crabs no less.  He had been out with a mate and emptied his pots.  Cooked them then got fed up of getting the meat out so thought of me!  Fridge full.  He is sending the kids round to take some of our rhubarb.  All good.


Last nights sunset.  It hasnt set yet tonight.  Longest day tomorrow.  Then the day begins to shorten.  Special day for us tomorrow.  See you then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a lovely family photo and yes there's always one kid that wont co operate lol,, sorry you're feeling rough today, the heat and humidity are a nuisance aren't they. I love to watch the rain come across our lake, I cant even imagine how beautiful it is where you are !
Your garden sounds wonderful and I agree always good to have another point of view, its always fun to have a project on the go, keeps our minds off our troubles,

Joan (Devon) said...

What a shame. You were so looking forward to receiving these plans and had such high hopes. What happened to all that you discussed with her and the rough sketches she made?

crafty cat corner said...

Tom Carries his fan around with him all of the time, it really helps him to recover when he is breathless. Apparently it does something to the brain. Love the chicks.
Briony
X

Sue in Suffolk said...

Sounds strange that an accessible garden should have so many steps and some sharp angles to get round.
Hope you can get it changed - the pond looks the best bit

mamasmercantile said...

Disappointing that there were so many steps, but I am sure you will be able to get it sorted how you want it. That sunset was amazing, stunning.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I can sympathise regarding the steps - it is the same with my bungalow - I find handrails help a great deal.

Jean said...

Lovely to see Dyson's family. The sunset is beautiful.